New David Splane Video: No 1900 Year Faithful Slave

by FusionTheism 59 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

Ding,

Outstanding points.

There was a 2010 Watchtower explaining that anyone who died in all those years who did not have an opportunity to hear the Kingdom Message would receive a resurrection to earth.

Even though for years I heard them say the only opportunity available from 33 C.E. to 1935 was the Heavenly Hope.

But they've dumped the 1935 doctrine now too.

One other Scripture I would add to these points is, what did Jesus mean when He promised Peter that the gates of Hades would never prevail against His congregation?

• Absalom
    Absalom
    He mentions that other religions were happy when others were persecuted and killed, but thats exactly how they talk about Armageddon and Babylon the Great being destroyed.
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    He mentions that other religions were happy when others were persecuted and killed, but thats exactly how they talk about Armageddon and Babylon the Great being destroyed.
    That's because he's in denial and has shadow projection identical/like to that Hitler had with the Jews. Everything that Hilter proclaimed evil about the Jews were shadow projections of the evil that was running rampant in the Natzi party. That what happens when your thinking gets all compartmentalized and you won't recognize your own evil nature due to denial.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

FusionTheism - "Governing Body member David Splane has a new video on tv.jw.org where he talks about all the horrible things committed by Martin Luther and the Protestant Reformers...Another odd point, was that he actually mentioned Catholic missionary work in a somewhat positive light, while totally condemning the Reformation views on Predestination."

* facepalm *

I've lost count of how many upstart groups throughout history with a habit of vocally condemning bigger groups have always - always - secretly admired and/or imitated those bigger groups.

And trash-talking the Protestant Reformation is just stupid; the WTS wouldn't exist if not for the Reformation.

• oppostate
    oppostate
    And trash-talking the Protestant Reformation is just stupid; the WTS wouldn't exist if not for the Reformation.

Hear, hear! And Joe Rutherford must be turning in his grave what with the way he used to rant against Catholics and now this upstart little $hit trash talks against the movement that brought the Scriptures to the masses and started translating into modern languages rather than keep the Bible in Latin for only the cleric-class.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

oppostate - "....Rutherford must be turning in his grave..."

More like his private cell in Hell.

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

And I forgot to mention this Scripture also, which could present more logical problems with this new view from David Splane:

Matthew 28:20: teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! **I am with you all the days** until the conclusion of the system of things.”

• oppostate
    oppostate
    FusionTheism
    could present more logical problems with this new view from David Splane:

Perhaps at one time what Scriptures clearly say may have put a restraint on what the WT teachings were.

Nowadays, I'm sorry to say, they obviously see themselves even more as the "masters" of Scripture. It doesn't matter that the rNWT is in plain English and not in Latin. What matters now is that they act as the "magisterium" for the JW religion. And all their followers have to kowtow the official latest teachings they pull out of their oligarchical class @rse!

It really sounds like they suddenly realized they have much in common with the Pope and the Catholic College of Cardinals than with the Sola Scriptura Reformers. They should call themselves Jesuit Witnesses.

With the Jesuits also having a literal Governing Body and renown for their Pharisaical shenanigans, they're almost spiritual cousins. Bunch of controlling fanatics that both organizations' hierarchies are!

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Oppostate: "And he publicly posted the list of 95 theses* on unscriptural practices by the Papists and thus igniting the Protestant Reformation. Martin would be right here, or be JWfacts if he lived now.

Not just Luther, but all of the Protestants previously lauded by GB 1.0

Was thinking of Tyndale:

John Foxe describes an argument with a "learned" but "blasphemous" clergyman, who had asserted to Tyndale that, "We had better be without God's laws than the Pope's." Tyndale responded: "I defy the Pope, and all his laws; and if God spares my life, ere many years, I will cause the boy that driveth the plow to know more of the Scriptures than thou dost!"

GB 2.0 has moved towards the position that was held by the previously-despised RCC. The Bible cannot be understood except through the GB, and even if they're presently wrong, God wants us to obey them.

Tyndale could be reworded:

"I defy the Pope GB, and all his their laws; and if God spares my life ... "

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane
    This is a total reversal from their 2010 DVD "Faith In Action". Incredible...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit