New David Splane Video: No 1900 Year Faithful Slave

by FusionTheism 59 Replies latest watchtower bible

• done4good
    done4good

WT has always had it both ways. They want the structure and authoritarian nature of the Catholic church's hierarchy, with the bible thumping Fundamentalism of Protestantism. They just adjust the scales from time to time to their most relevant audience.

d4g

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane
    Wow, that's quite a reversal... He's not even apologizing for wearing that FREEMASON RING on his right hand...
  • tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

This goes along with the 2013 WT that changed the definition of the FDSL. There would be a period where the anointed were not discernible because the "enemy" was sowing weeds and they were allowed to grow together with the wheat.

WT 7/15/2013

4 Speaking about the wheat and the weeds, Jesus said: “Let both grow together until the harvest.” This command reveals that from the first century until today, there have always been some anointed wheatlike Christians on earth. That conclusion is confirmed by what Jesus later told his disciples: “I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.” (Matt. 28:20) So anointed Christians would be protected by Jesus all the days leading up to the time of the end. However, since they were overgrown by weedlike Christians, we do not know for certain who belonged to the wheat class during that long period of time. However, some decades before the start of the harvest season, the wheat class became discernible. How did that come about?

So no FDSL during that time. They needed a way to explain this because they have never been able to prove that the FDSL continued in succession after the apostles died.

• done4good
    done4good

Just to add, it is no surprise they are leaning more towards the Catholic side of things, (of course, albeit with very different doctrine), since the consolidation of power to the GB is the main focus these days, (well, that and making money)...

d4g

• Doltologist
    Doltologist
    Two legs good, four legs bad?
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

wifibandit: The 2012 teaching that only the Governing Body represents the Slave was described in 1981 as an apostate concept.

Which proves that it is actually the current GB that are the "mentally diseased" apostates, not us.

The religion I joined in the '80s does not exist any more.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Thanks Fusion Theism,

Br. Splane's invented list of four necessary conditions which must be met during the time of the FDS is laughable. During the time of the Apostles and the early Christians they had and understood the Scriptures, they were not deeply divided in their understanding, and they preached the Kingdom.

His teaching was sloppy, his delivery incoherent.

His manner was characteristically of a man falling down a set of stairs trying to grab whatever he could to stop his fall.

A sad man.

Frank

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

i really don't like this fiction, i would rather read lord of the rings, or maybe even eragon.

i just can't believe anyone would actually believe this drivel. LOL....

good thing my wife has no idea what they teach, but she believes in it.....not sure what part of IT.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Am I the only one here seeing the scary writing on the wall?
  • goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Man, it's just fictional writing in an ever changing cult that is loosing grasp of it's followers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit