Our hall is asking for money...

by thedepressedsoul 75 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Watchtower-Free, thanks for posting the form.

Where are you? I saw a nearly identical form being passed out in a congregation about two years ago. This was in Southern California.

At the time, because of the way the elders presented it, I got the idea that this was a local thing. From what I've read here on JWN since that time it is clear that this is NOT a local thing.

Again, the form the elders passed out nearly two years ago was nearly identical, except the "DESTROY AFTER USE" comment

• brandnew
    brandnew

i think it needs to be sent to the charity board for further anylization.

Know what im sayin?

• carla
    carla
    Thanks for posting the form! now when my jw claims they do not behave like Christendom re: money I have some real ammunition! (provided I am up for a dreaded jw discussion any time soon, which I'm not, at least I will be prepared if it happens)
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

They insist on getting the maximum possible donations, and that prices everything to perfection and allows zero leeway for spending on anything else. Then, something is sure to happen to lower the amount given--and joke-hova expects the same donation anyways. As for me, they are getting nothing because I am preparing for the coming currency collapse that could come any day now. (Which is what everyone should do, much less the jokehovians that make little to begin with). I wonder what they are going to do for money when the dollar becomes toilet paper.

My challenge to joke-hova: That thing is supposed to be the source of all wealth. What about imposing a tithe of 0.1% of all money above and beyond the amount the person needs for comfortable living, after taxes? That would not be a burden, and if joke-hova wants more, it could enrich people. Obviously, those going above this level getting richer to keep the donations at 0.1% of surplus income would incite others to donate more. Pretty soon, there would be more than enough, and those in the congregations would be rich to boot. And perhaps they would be able to quit their jobs--and pious-sneer, since joke-hova would be providing their wealth directly.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Now that JW congregations have been compelled to give up their financial cushions to Watchtower, and now that JWs see their Governing Body members begging for money on worldwide broadcasts, I expect to observe a notable increase in the frequency and aggressiveness of local begging by Watchtower appointed officials, otherwise known as elders etc.

We'll see how the flock of sheople respond when it begins dawning on a majority that, like most of the rest of the world, it's about the money (and power and influence that goes along with money in Watchtower's case).

Watchtower's Governing Body has given and continues to give a lesson in how to beg for money.

• sir82
    sir82

I expect to observe a notable increase in the frequency and aggressiveness of local begging by Watchtower appointed officials

I expect it too.

The money that had been sitting in local congregation bank accounts could only be grabbed one time. Once Bethel has spent it all, and contributions are still below their expectations, then what? There is nothing left to raid.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    i would drop a coupon for an ice cream. Thinking on doing that in the next assembly
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Several years ago I was shown a note allegedly placed in a KH contribution box declaring the person (anonymous) had decided to up their donation but they had also decided to give their donation directly to orphans and widows in need because they'd become confused about just where all their money was going and for what. The note was typed but had a handwritten PS saying they had made a cash donation to support basic local needs like utilities.

The elder who showed me this document commented to me saying "I wish we'd get a lot more of these. It would make it a lot easier, and more powerful, to pass the message upstream."

• Simon
    Simon

It's quite amazing. For many years they chastised the Catholic Church for having "collection plates" but if you think about it, that's just spare change you have in your pocket that day.

They are asking how much money you have that you can give, not how much do you have right now in your pocket. "Dig deep brothers, what's yours is ours and we reserve the right to kick you out at any time afterwards".

Amazing so many will not see them for what they are but I suspect quite a few will have an uneasy feeling about it and mutter to each other about it in private.

Even the WTS has woken up to the fact that religion is a fantastic cash machine. However much you ask for will not put off many people. And it's all tax free.

It's the ultimate scam.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I remember a year ago I put down something like $200

A month? wow. To be honest i only use to give like $20 a month.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit