Our hall is asking for money...

by thedepressedsoul 75 Replies latest watchtower bible

• iwasblind
    iwasblind

Personally I hope that they keep asking. I thought May broadcasting was going to wake up a lot of people, but would you believe there were some who actually liked it?

So the more crappy spiritual food they put out there and the more they turn corporate, the more chance people will wake up.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

VI: Just put a folded copy of the September 2015 public Watchtower, highlighted where it says they will never solicit for funds, into their contribution box.

Great move. Now the local elders know they have a hidden "apostate" in their midst. That'll drive 'em crazy!

• Splash
    Splash
    I'll keep a few copies of that magazine back and save them for the future begging surveys.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If the vote is truly anonymous, I am torn on putting ZERO down or putting a high number down and then not actually donating it.

If they know who filled out what, I would write NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS WHAT I GIVE!

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    "When He who says: ‘All the gold and silver of the mountains are mine,’ fails to provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the publication.” (Zion's Watch Tower, August 1879)

These guys on the GB are slow to take a hit it might take them hitting rock bottom or bankruptcy for these guys to get the message that Jehovah has left the building.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    If they ask for a pledge make it as high as possible to get the branch's hopes up only to be dash it to the ground with reality when they see it the actual amount not even near the promised pledge amount. No need to feel bad about cheating a scoundrel like the watchtower.
  • LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

TV Evangelics ALWAYS beg for MORE MONEY> Isn't that what JWdotOrg has turned into?

Did Jim and Tammy Baker ever say thank you dear christian TVLand friends we now have enough money from begging all of you poor, humble, obedient and oblighing fools, so that even our little doggie has an air conditioned doggy house with your "freely given contributions". H. NO! lol lol lol

Does the Pope in all of his silk and jeweled splendor, living in a wonderous palace, ever tell the Catholics in ANY country, thank you so much for all the billions you have "freely" given us/me. We have enough. Take care of your own families now??? Can you imagine any religion saying THAT? lol lol lol

Jehovah's Witnesses are like any other religion. They say they have found the truth of The Written Word of God, follow us, but first, give us money. lol lol lol

LL Having a wonderful day, in my own, girl made paradise. lol

• the comet
    the comet
    Funny story about my hall and this money stuff. We haven't had a mortgage for 10+ years so after the letter was read slips of paper were handed out. The instructions were to put down how much you can give them hand them into your service overseer. I just threw my anyway, didn't want to mess with it at all. Anyway a month went by and I didn't hear anything about it, come to find out when they tallied up all the slips the amount was greater than any amount they had ever received in a single month. I thought did one or two put down huge amounts, throwing the whole thing off? I asked an elder about it, his take was "nobody wanted to look cheap while handing in their slip." They ended up having to do another survey at the last minute and now I think we're sending in something like $600 a month.
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    This whole pledge thing is going to back fire on them big time and dry up any desire to give as the unconscious of even the more devote worshipers moves them to give less and less. Yes I see this whole thing as shit finally hitting the fan.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Hmmm, the organization wants to take a survey of how much each can give.

Here's nice round number that I think is fair:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit