Our hall is asking for money...

by thedepressedsoul 75 Replies latest watchtower bible

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I guess the branch isn't happy with the amount being sent each month since we are way lower than our loan amount.

We now have to another financial survey to see the max amount that can be given. It is "encouraged" for all to be in attendance and give much forethought and consideration to the amount you can donate each month. Messages are being sent out to all local members.

This is like our 10th local needs/announcement about donating more recently.

It's more of a burden than tithing!

They tell you not to get a good job, not to get higher education and then bash you over the head to donate more. What did they expect when making those rules? Poor, uneducated people donating thousands each month?

They want the control of Islam and the finances of the Catholic church. They're trying to take blood from a rock!

I don't think JW's can brag anymore about not passing a collection plate or asking it's members for money...

• cofty
    cofty
    This is like our 10th local needs/announcement about donating more recently.

A lot of people are going to get disillusioned.

Keep the pledges high and the donations low.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

When they take a vote have the balls to vote against.

• cantleave
    cantleave
    Vote for it - don't support it.
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I absolutly believe that Wt (at the very least) should of been more clearer about that new funding arrangment. I think they have sent the message to the R&F that they are in a good financial position. Why else would of they other wise canceled the KH loans. Now it's done a full circle and come back to bite them, and I say "GOOD BLOODY JOB?!!!".
  • Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble
    Page 6 of the September 2015 Public WT, under the heading "How is our ministry financed"

Our work is supported entirely by voluntary donations. (2 Corinthians 9:7) In 1879, the second issue of this magazine stated: “‘Zion’s Watch Tower’ [as this magazine was then called] has, we believe JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never beg nor petition men for support.” We have not wavered from that policy.
  • thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    I absolutly believe that Wt (at the very least) should of been more clearer about that new funding arrangment. I think they have sent the message to the R&F that they are in a good financial position. Why else would of they other wise canceled the KH loans. Now it's done a full circle and come back to bite them, and I say "GOOD BLOODY JOB?!!!".

That's what cults do though. They try to make it seem all nice and loving on the surface while when you dig into it you actually realize it's harmful and worse than before. It's no different than having a public and internal Watchtower. You have the RF version of the loan payoff and you have the elder version of the loan payoff.

There is always two sides of the coin in JW land. The PR side and the dark internal side.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    Vote for it - don't support it.

There is no vote. You fill out a slip of how much you can pledge each month.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

To add a little something to Designer Stubble's great quote above, the same Zion's Watch Tower said...

"When He who says: ‘All the gold and silver of the mountains are mine,’ fails to provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the publication.” (Zion's Watch Tower, August 1879)

If all the gold and silver belong to the God that backs Watchtower by his spirit, then why are the followers constantly being asked (reminded) to give more money to support the organization?

If Watchtower sincerely meant the above quoted words, it's way past "time to suspend the publication."

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

We now have to another financial survey to see the max amount that can be given

What CAN be given and what WILL be given are not the same things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit