Barbara Anderson Disfellowshipped

by silentlambs 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Makena1
    Makena1

Barbara - I am appalled but not surprised at what has happened to you. Your courage and tenacity are inspiring! You have a lot of support here - and it sounds like you have many who are in personal contact with you that can do more than just write a few lines of encouragement.

My wife and I were associated for over 40 years, but walked away in 2001. One of the things that originally attracted us to the message was that Jehovah was a God of perfect justice. Sadly, "his organization" has chosen to pursue injustice in your case and so many others. In my opinion, the rush to "justice" in your case was done partly to discredit you in the Dateline piece instead of following regular JC protocol.

To this day, when I see and read about injustice, it makes my blood pressure go through the roof!

I can only imagine the hurt and painful emotions you must feel. However, on the positive side, you must also know that you have done the right thing, and remained true to your convictions. Again, we applaud your courage and resolve and send you our love and warmest wishes.

Mak

Some men worship rank, some worship heroes, some worship power, some worship God, & over these ideals they dispute & cannot unite--but they all worship money.
    - Mark Twain

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Go Barb,
    Give 'em hell! Don't letr the media lose this one.
    Randy Watters

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

Barb - I work at a mental health clinic that provides services to victims of sexual assault. I have been keeping all the counselors and administrators informed of the silent lambs issue. They will all be tuned in to tonight's program. I e-mailed them the Dateline e-mail announcement for tonight's program with the following introduction:
    "I think we are taping this if anyone misses it. This is big disturbing news for the JW community. Many loyal to the Watchtower hold that the people being interviewed are "apostates" or anti-Jehovah's Witness. I have met many of the people covered in this story. They are not evil. I am risking my own relationship with family and a few friends by being vocal about this issue. But I feel that protecting children is more important. Thank you for your support."
    We love you Barb.
    Mr and

• spero
    spero

It takes courage to stand-up and be counted, even more so to make "waves" in the Borg with their thinly veiled threats and emotional blackmail. Well done Barbara, my thoughts are with you and all those actively involved for the Silent-Lambs.

But hopefully, if enough individual waves are made,and there are more potential "dissidents" out there than the GB dare to think about, then altogether they may just form a tsunami and swamp the WTBS.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Barbara,
    The judicial committee may have disfellowshipped you.
    So what? They are not Jehovah. And He hasn't disfellowshipped
    you. He is the ultimate judge, not they. They are just humans like you and I, with one exception. We don't play God. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

Barb,

We stand behind you 100%! Maybe now you can start posting! Well, maybe after you win your lawsuit anyway!!!

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Well well well it was announced at Brooklyn breakfast table, they must be really worried about all of this. They never discuss that sort of thing at breakfast.
    Barbara you are an inspiration to the world you hold your beautiful head up high and you show those bastards what you are made of. You have great courage as allof you who are standing up to and against the WTBS. Your battle has begun, charge and don't ever look back cause you got more on your side than they do on there side.
    Love to you Barbara.

• freedomhouse3
    freedomhouse3

Hey Barbara,

You have the stand-alone spirit of the LION KING. Continue to ROAR!!

• termite 35
    termite 35

Barbara-all my thoughts and love are with you tonight.

How DARE they call you a dissident?
    Their arrogence knows no bounds.
    Ones who are honest will be shamed,the others have no hope xx

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

(((Barbara))) I'm so sorry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit