Heading to Melbourne International Convention right NOW Regular updates live here!

by Witness 007 71 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

900 bap 70000 attend

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks for that. That's one of the more impressive number baptized at a convention in recent years! Earlier you had mentioned a figure of 520 - what was that in rreference to?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I'm a bit lost here , is this the very first set of DC's running from 2014/15? as Austrailia is in the Southern Hempishere they are the first, and 900 baptized seems a strangly large amount ?

• steve2
    steve2

Jookbeard, my reaction also - 900 baptized is very high even given the attendance of 70,000. Earlier in this thread Witness 007 had mentioned a figure of 520 in the same context of baptisms but it looked a bit unrelated so when I asked, he replied as above. That number - 900 - is actually very impressive that I'm not sure whether it was related to the Melbourne convention alone. Here's hoping there's some clarification.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Sorry I heard these figures maybe combined with other conventions.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Even if 900 were Bapped at this Convention, which I doubt, if the 70,000 who attended were fairly typical of the general population that would just about replace the number from the 70,000 who will die in the next 12 months.

Hardly growth.

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

My 13 year old nephew was one of those baptised. Sigh....

• honest
    honest

It was 900 baptised for the whole south pacific region.

Australia, new zealand, raratonga, Samoa.

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

695 baptised In Australia...

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

Mexican Wave after the convention finished

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit