HOW TO AVOID THE A-HOLE SPIRIT OF SOME HERE...

by DATA-DOG 152 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

LisaRose works tirelessly to get me to behave, but I don't think I can hold it in any longer.

Hey, even I have my limits. It's annoying when people come and start a thread but don't stay and defend their OP, even when legitimate arguments are made. My feelling on these types of threads is that you will never convince the hard core believer of anything. They have their mind made up and come here only to give their point of view. But it is not futile to discuss these things, because if you look at the number of views of these threads versus the number of posts you will see many come just to read. Some of these people may not want to post themselves, but are open minded enough to consider the evidence. Hopefully those people will get it even if the others don't.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep-seated need to believe." - Carl Sagan

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Hey D-M:

Have you located that information yet 'proving' your claim that no (atheist) Chinese has invented anything in the last 1,000 years? I'm dying to read that....

It was not me that made that comment ADCMS.. I would never be so reckless. But you thinking it was me makes your previous statment make sense now.

A quick search will show the Chinese have been extremely busy in the inventions game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_inventions

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

It was not me that made that comment ADCMS.. I would never be so reckelss

Sorry, D-M. I looked back and saw it was "Paris" who made the comment. I apologize.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Lol no worries

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Hey D-M Paris :

ADCMS: Have you located that information yet 'proving' your claim that no (atheist) Chinese has invented anything in the last 1,000 years? I'm dying to read that....

LOL. Sucks when I have to quote myself.

Again, my apologies, Dis-Member. I hope the brief time you spent in "Paris-Land" due to my error woke you up and helped you to appreciate this side of "normal". LOL.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think its important to realize why JWS apologetics or other Faith believers that do come here start to be disrespectful to other forum members is

mostly due the presenting information that is in opposition to their own held beliefs.

They cant logically argue from a rational evidential standpoint so making personal Ad Homien attacks are the only viable solution.

Its also typical for these people to post an attack or accusation on to people then not debate the issues they initially presented.

This really shows their relentless unwillingness to take the blinders off and open their minds.

Their Religion or religion itself gives them the excuse to be ideologically and intellectually lazy and apathetic.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

ADCMS, I love quoting myself! LOL!!! How else would I hear anything that makes sense?!??!

DD

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Like LisaRose said:

It's annoying when people come and start a thread but don't stay and defend their OP, even when legitimate arguments are made.

What happens when a JW meets someone at the door who actually knows their Bible and asks hard-hitting questions? The JW never goes back. No surprise they use the same tactic on online forums.

A JW simply cannot defend their own beliefs, so their only recourse is to tuck tail and run.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Data Dog: ADCMS, I love quoting myself! LOL!!! How else would I hear anything that makes sense?!??!

DD, I am my own ultimate authority.

If I'm not right, who is? LOL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit