HOW TO AVOID THE A-HOLE SPIRIT OF SOME HERE...

by DATA-DOG 152 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My profession requires me to be rational. I am not irrational. Maybe a truce should be called. This is nutsville. It reminds me of my life as a Witness. Most of the believers left. It seems atheists here are too zealous. You don't act rationally. I clearly see atheists acting in very irrational and dictatoral manners. Go bully someone else. You love to paint Christians as the most extreme people. Look at Chairman Mao and Lenin. It is not paradise. I believe in evolution. You don't seem to know any Christians besides the nuts. We exist. There is no conversation taking place. It also strikes me that this is particularly male behavior.

• cofty
    cofty

Contrast and compare ...

I am not irrational

Look at Chairman Mao and Lenin

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"You don't seem to know any Christians besides the nuts. We exist." -

" There is no conversation taking place." -

May I ask a few questions:

1. Do you hold a belief unsupported by evidence?

2. Are you aware that it is unsupported by evidence?

3. Do you believe even when is no evidence for it?

4. Do your believes are stronger that the evidence against those believes?

5. Why you believe things that don't have adequate evidence for?

Respectfully,

Ismael

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

BOTR: It also strikes me that this is particularly male behavior.

BOTR believes she's intellectually superior and obviously a sexist...awesome combination.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Although I have made strong statements against religions in the past I personally see no problem with believeing in something greater then yourself (which is what spirituality is defined as) Thus I have found a study of religion facinating.

That said when born agains post here I shy away. They believe a guy from 2000 years ago lives inside there somewhere (Call a Doc. Mr. Jesus ran up my A**.) Seriously I know how they get that (the bible) but I shy way for those people nowadays. Let them live with 'Jesus in their heart'. << Maybe the cause of the next heart attack lol

• cofty
    cofty

Am I right in thinking BOTR went to university? I'm sure she mentioned it once.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I believe you did not. Too busy being Mr. Know it All elder.

• cofty
    cofty

haha - Priceless snobbery!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Jesus Christ you guys!! I was just making fun of whats-his-nuts " faithless spirit" post.

I don't even know what I believe, so I am certainly the judge of no man. That being said...ahem... I think being mean or dissing someone's beliefs is the fruitage of the A-hole spirit. Then again, so is coming on a site and trolling/preaching things you cannot prove while simultaneously judging others.

DD

• Paris
    Paris

DJS and Shirley - You are both determined to

(1) Be Right, no matter what. ( how very JW of you )

(2) Denigrate any believer as not as "smart or well educated" as you are.

Of the highest IQ's in the scientific community, people in advanced hard sciences, like math and physics, 7% of this tiny group are believers, they all have PhD's and teach at Oxford, Harvard, Princeton and the Universoty of California and MIT. And your occupations would be ? Be careful who you denigrate. My guess is you do not have the credentials for that kind of criticism, just give it a rest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit