No more doubts for me! Good-bye JWN! We have THE TRUTH!

by DATA-DOG 106 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Wow some book publishers developed a program to translate languages, with 100 years of free workforce and billions of dollars in the bank... It is a MIRACLE! Praise the press!

• KateWild
    KateWild

It is a MIRACLE! Praise the press!-Snare

So you are going back too, it's not fair they wont let me in. Sam xx

• Watchtower-Free
  • LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

LOL data dog.

Brings back memories of the late 80's and early 90's. Seems like every big wig in the org had a hard on over the MEPS system back then.

I didn't know they were still touting that as "evidence" of it being God's b0rganization.

• Listener
    Listener

More important than the ability to translate is how accurate is the information that they are translating.

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

Really hope DD is joking and not disappearing like slimboyfat...

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Also quick builds are a sign too! Only via the god of the universe can people work together for free, without skills!

Oh wait... People building schools for free..... Weird....

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

I think he's feeling playful, or maybe a little too much Chrissie spirit-grin!

But, just in case he's serious and thinks that MEPS is evidence of the operation of holy spirit on the WTBTS, I challenge him to worship the one who made MEPS, and the WTBTS and other publishers of Bible literature, and the Bible itself as a mass produced publication, possible.

First, I'd like to point out that many religions depend on the wide distribution of literature referencing their beliefs, the JWs claim that early Christian's popularised the use of the codex format and that this was evidence of holy spirit assisting the early work of missionising. This is a very one sided view of early developments in mass distribution of book based beliefs and of the underlying reasons for that mass distribution.

Without any doubt, the first missionary religion in the world was Buddhism. By the time that Jesus appeared on the scene, Buddhism had been preached in many places-across Asia and into Europe. And, Buddhist literature was being made available (in Mahayana Buddhist teachings) that emphasised the need to call on the name of Amithaba to be saved and to find salvation in the Western Paradise.

But the production of such literature was a slow laborious task as copies had to be hand-written with the risk of errors and deliberate falsification. Some method of mass production was badly needed and if we follow DATA-DOGS line of reasoning, we would have expected that the Yahweh/Jesus combo god would have inspired the invention of some better way of production than hand copying. The Yahweh/Jesus combo God did not.

But, (again following D-D's reasoning) the Buddha did.

Early Christian documents had to be copied onto (usually) vellum or papyrus, neither product especially suitable for the task.

Over in China though, where Buddhism was already taking root, a suitable material was being developed. We call it paper.

Paper, and the pulp papermaking process, was said to be developed in China during the early 2nd century AD, possibly as early as the year 105 A.D., [1] by the Han court eunuch Cai Lun , although the earliest archaeological fragments of paper derive from the 2nd century BC in China. [2]

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper

Over in west Asia, the Yahweh/Jesus combo God must've been shaking his head and thinking, "Why didn't I think of that?" Maybe the technicalities were just too much for the poor old thing.

But back in East Asia, Buddha was working on the problem of getting his message out and in the mid-9th C, he transferred (as D-D would reason) the vital information to some buddhist monks in China - and the first printed religious information was produced:

File:Jingangjing.jpg

From Wikimedia;

English: Frontispiece, Diamond Sutra from Cave 17, Dunhuang, ink on paper.

A page from the Diamond Sutra, printed in the 9th year of Xiantong Era of the Tang Dynasty, i.e. 868 CE. Currently located in the British Library, London.

According to the British Library, it is “the earliest complete survival of a dated printed book”.

British Library Or.8210/P.2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Printing

• stillin
    stillin

Gonna miss ya, DD. You spoke my language.

• cantleave
    cantleave

BluePill2 thanks for the insider info.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit