abortion vs holocaust

by unstopableravens 692 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well, I should know better. A brick wall comes to mind.

Who is playing word games?

You are uncomfortable with your own answer. The aborted fetus in the ectopic pregnancy example is a life lost. You say the purpose is important. Have you thought through the implications of this? Will an expectant mother have to pass a purpose test to end a pregnancy, that is prove it is not for selfish reasons? What is more selfish than saving her own life?

The reason one life is more valuable than the other in this example is that the fetus is not viable. There is no potential future for the fetus; it cannot survive outside the womb. Which brings me to the suggestion that I offered (a biblical suggestion no less) that life begins with breath.

• cofty
    cofty

i have never said she had a "choice to abort"

Of course she has. She could say "No. I will let things take their course and god's will be done" I won't give consent for the doctor to kill the baby to save my life".

Until recently she would have been refused the choice in Catholic Eire

But you have agreed she should have the right to choose. Well done.

• KateWild
    KateWild

cofty and unstop good show. cofty I took your side the whole time, but the nonsense about zygotes wasn't relevant, but interesting noe the less. Well done. Sam xx

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Ravens, did you read my post on page 10? Please do and get back to me.

I am not pro-abortion. I do recognize that I live with others on this planet and seek compromise. Do you agree there is an area that this can end up in where everyone is a little happy, AND a little unhappy? That is usually the right place to be with something split down the middle like this. As far as this false analogy.....

jh: as far as ectopic, there have been some that survived in the abdominal and i dont think any in the filobin tube(sp) i personally think when a situation comes down to the mothers life or childs, its okay for the mother to be the focus if only one can be saved, however i dont think they should include aborting or killing the baby.lets say theres a fire, and the firefighter can only save one of the two ppl trapped in the building, would he be okay saving the one and shooting the other that he can save, i wouldnt think so.

....I would rather be shot in the head than go through the agony of being burned alive if those are my only two choices. You have given an instance where you believe aborting a fetus is the solution to another medical need. nothing to be ashamed of. Nobody is happy about it.

• Perry
    Perry

I am not pro-abortion, but I am pro-choice. I do not want to see America turn back to the days of butchery

Have you ever looked at images of butchered children with their brains sucked out, spinal corrds snipped, and the limbs severed to get them out???????

Gods justice is an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. Those that support abortion, those that have done it, and especially those that advocate for it deserve at the very least that the same done to them in Hell.

This is not my standard, but Gods. This is true justice. Those that do it for medical reasons..... I'll just let God be the judge and figure that one out.

• cofty
    cofty

especially those that advocate for it deserve at the very least that the same done to them in Hell.

My contempt for religion ratchets up another few notches.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Good thing I don't believe in hell any more than you believe in pro-choice.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

problem: in my illustration, you being the the one who is trapped ,you may say that you would rather but shot in the head, but the firefighter cant do that for you, that i think you may have over looked that

• Perry
    Perry

Good thing I don't believe in hell any more than you believe in pro-choice.

Good thing Justice is not dependent on what anyone believes. Justice is blind.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

From USR's second post on this thread:

why are we as society not doing more?

So, USR, what "more" should we as a society do? I don't think you have addressed jgnat's suggestions?

Retro

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit