abortion vs holocaust

by unstopableravens 692 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

witness:i guess this whole thread as always went down a few rabbit trails, i simply want ppl to think about the innocent amoung us who cant speak for themselves.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

No it's a valid and emotive subject for discussion, but trying to link it to the holocaust was frankly quite pathetic.

If you seriously think taking a bunsen burner to a petri dish full of fertilised human embyos who have just passed the 12 cell point = Treblinka death camp then you really need some serious help. Yes, that is a frivilous and unhelpful comparison, and no I am NOT advocating doing that to human embryos.

• Angharad
    Angharad

i simply want ppl to think about the innocent amoung us who cant speak for themselves. - Unstopableravens

If that is what you had started with I think people would have been more understanding and open to the discussion but when you start by comparing it to the holocaust you have just lost the arguement before you started - there is no comparision

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

These are two different and distinct subject matters, trying to make a comparison is being intellectually dishonest

at worst.

...and unstopableravens maybe if you learned how to spell, people might take your thread topics with a bit more notice and concern.

there reasons which they thought "justified" there cause. this is why i am so amped about this, because ppl who are normally nice caring folk. sit back and do nothing. its horrible dude.

The abortion issue is not a pleasant one to be sure but there are viable reasons why abortions are legal in most modernized

countries today.

• cofty
    cofty

Unstop - your entire argument rests on your assertion that life begins at conception but you won't answer what you understand by "life". Why not?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty: i am responding to 15 differnet ppl, sorry i missed your question. i thought i answered this, a mammals life begins when the fathers sperm unites with the females egg, thats fertalization. so when the sperm meets the egg.so when a human males sperm unites with a female humans egg its not just glob of 12 cells like comatose was saying comparing it to the plants that are killed or bugs, because the only outcome is a human id formed ,not a pig a cat etc. same thing with any mammal.

• cofty
    cofty

Unstop that is not what I asked.

What is LIFE?

You said "life" begins at conception. What precisely do you mean?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

the dictionary defination is"the condtion that sperates animal and plants from inorganic material,the abilty for growth....

• cantleave
    cantleave

So all life is equal?

• cofty
    cofty

So your intransigent position that would deny an abortion to a rape victim, or mother facing death from an ectopic pregnancy, is based in the proposition that "life begins at conception".

But you had to go look up a dictionary when you were asked what you mean.

You still have not the slightest clue what your own opinion is have you? You just repeat the standard fundamentalist position.

What precisely is qualitatively different about a fertilised ovum? You still haven't got anywhere close to an answer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit