How I recently handled JWs at my door

by Christian guy 310 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Christian guy
    Christian guy

Ann, One of these guys was in his 20s. The other in his 30s, probably a MS and an elder wannabe. They both appeared to be life long JWs.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Very interesting Christian Guy. That being said, though I believe many things you have said do indeed make sense, I strongly doubt on the accuracy and on actually shaking the faith of these witnesses. Here is why:

The JW are actually preaching, what they believe to be, the benefits of the Good News. That is, eternal life (in heaven and mostly on earth). These benefits, in their theology, are a result of Jesus’ sacrificial death and resurrection – which is the good news. Therefore, they indirectly preach the good news. The only thing however is that when you ask anyone that is not a JW what the JW preach about, they will tell you that they preach Armageddon brought about by their God Jehovah. Therefore, in reality, one could argue that the message they spread is not the good news.

As for the Mathew 24:14, some bible translation do render “Good news of the kingdom” as “Good news about the Kingdom”. That being said, I agree with your definition of the kingdom and I do believe that the Good news of the kingdom is about the hope for people.

As for ONE hope, well, I believe that hope is “forgiveness of our sins and therefore, a resurrection for the dead.” Where? I don’t care. Either way, I’ll be happy.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Great reasoning. It doesn't sound apostate, so they cannot dismiss it as such. The Christian Good News was about Christ and the heavenly hope, the JW message is about Jehovah and an earthly hope. I never realised that as a JW, and would have been intrigued if someone had raised that with me.

• Watchtower-Free
  • suavojr
    suavojr

Loved it! I will use this with my wife. Welcome Christian guy

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Great logic .

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

dear christian guy

thank you for such a great presentation,i if i were to use this i am going to have to explain what the thousand year reign of christ and the "new heavens and earth" is about then. hope you see this.

• jhine
    jhine

Christian Guy welcome . well done

Jan

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

As I have said earlier on, this is fantastic reasoning. I will use this myself — although I'm an atheist, reasoning with their own references is crucial to positive debate.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

This is perfect for me to become highly familiar with, and be able to use this reasoning with my husband if and when he does become actively pursuing baptism again.

Perfectly laid out!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit