How I recently handled JWs at my door

by Christian guy 310 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Good one, Christian guy! It sounds almost like a long KH 'this-is-how-to-do-it' demo. I liked the way you explained how the kingdom isn't just a government (a stock JW definition repeated without thinking - when you actually DO think about it, it's a 'duh' moment - the JW definition of 'Babylon the Great' is another one).

It's amazing that they allowed you to follow through with your argument to the punchline without diversions or a speedy exit. How old were these guys? Did they give the impression they'd been JWs a while (experienced), or had status in the congregation?

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Christian Guy... That was awesome... thanks for sharing...

• tornapart
    tornapart

Awesome!! Looks like they hung themselves with their own rope! I hope they go away and really think about it. The points you made are the ones that have always given me my doubts. Once my blinkers were off I could really see what the TRUE gospel is.... and it's NOT the one the WT preaches!

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Welcome, Christian guy! Interesting reverse witnessing!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

excellent anti witness CG, I'm not a christian but you made their presentation fall flat on its feet, typical JW's they bare face lie one minute and deny it the next, great point about them being false teachers also.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

JW Elder: "I must get back at Christian Guy... This isn't over."

• tornapart
    tornapart

Wonder if you'd like to join this forum christian guy? It's made up of mainly exJW christians too. We'd love to have you come and share your thoughts!

Any others are welcome too...

http://jwstrugglehelpforjehovahswitnesses.yuku.com/

• Christian guy
    Christian guy

iCeltic, I was not judging you. I was only being cautious because I was warned by Christ to be cautious when dealing with people who have no appreciation of sacred things. Jesus asked, "Why do you call me Lord if you do not do what I say?" (Luke 6:46)

Certainly atheists very often have no appreciation of what is holy because they think, as you stated, that there is "no Jesus or god." So for now I am cautious because my experience with atheists on the internet thus far with how they often treat Christians has caused me to be cautious.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Excellent job. I like how you gave them their best shot at explaining their "good news" before you patiently laid out that it is made-up.

• carla
    carla

Excellent job! Maybe you could make a youtube about that encounter?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit