How I recently handled JWs at my door

by Christian guy 310 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Christian Guy,

The book is designed for Evangelicals on how to share the gospel (instead of debating, arguing Trinity, torment etc.) with JWs who come to their door. As you have done...postponing discussion, making an appointment; questioning their gospel, comparing the "good news" of their salvation message with what the scripture says...is I believe the most effective methododology for penetrating their darkness. Thanks for sharing your experience.

• Christian guy
    Christian guy

Vanderhoven,

It is interesting that no one here has mentioned the other very important way that JWs have changed the Good News. That is that they have added another requirement for salvation. Not only must we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord but we must also accept the Watchtower Society as his "Faithful and Discreet Slave" throgh whom JWs tell us he communicates with mankind exclusively. For us to deny that Christ speaks exclusively through the Watchtower organization, or for that matter for us to disagree with anything they teach, according to the JWs amounts to denying Jesus Christ himself.

I had no opportunity to discuss this perversion of the gospel during my recent meeting with the JWs. Maybe I should have found away to do so. I believe this matter is something you might want to deal with in your book. For it is, after all, the primary doctrine of the JWs and possibly their most disgusting corruption of the Good News of the kingdom.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Right on Christian Guy,

Yes, this falls under "criteria for salvation" in my book. These extra criteria are found throughout their literature.

Just a few examples of fitting the organization into the salvation formula:

"Come to Jehovah's organization for salvation." WT 11-15-81 p.21

"To receive everlasting life in the earthly paradise, we must identify that organization and serve God as part of it." WT 2-15-83 p.12

"Bible students...must appreciate that identifying themselves with Jehovah's organization is essential to their salvation." Our Kingdom Ministry, November, 1990

Just as Noah and his God-fearing family were preserved in the ark, survival of individuals today depends on their faith and their loyal association with the earthly part of Jehovah’s universal organization." Watchtower 2006 May 15 p.22 "Are You Prepared for Survival?"

You might want to Try for more examples

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kooc6-ro44I&list=UUj6NrnNaTOPN08sYM59R0wA

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Hi Christian Guy, I really appreaciate your logical tactics in dealing with a JWs. It seems you are a true christian who dedicates much of your life to Jesus. Do some research about the historicity of Jesus, Gospels and the way the Bible was finally edited and compiled. And then make a sound decision, if its really worth to be a Christian.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Good work..... They would have been so content and pleased with themselves walking in.... Not so much when walking out......

• blondie
    blondie

This was a point that nagged at me going door to door, hearing people's presentations, seeing the WTS "sample presentations" every month in the KM, how little Jesus was mentioned, never using "Jehovah" only "God," no mention of the "kingdom" and no mention of the "good news." Besides rarely reading a scripture with the person at the door, the focus was on the magazine/publication not reading the bible as the starting point of learning. Starting in 2001, the year I left the WTS started putting 4 sample presentations in the KM, every month. I used the WT-CD to see how often, Jehovah or God, Jesus, kingdom, and good news were used.

What to Say About the Magazines changed to Sample Presentations

WTSATM 2010 January thru December

Jehovah 0!

God 18

Jesus 14

good news 1!

kingdom 1!

This magazine/article rather than "the Bible"

SAMPLE PRESENTATIONS (KM 2012)

God 19

Jehovah 0

Jesus 24

kingdom 0

good news 0

• Fernando
    Fernando

Well done Christian guy.

You and your new "friends" may be interested in this heavily understated "admission" that the WBTS and their followers have been teaching a false gospel for many decades:

Watchtower library online:

wol.jw.org/en/wol/s/r1/lp-e?q=%22good+news%22+sin*+%22give+little+attention+to+a+key+aspect%22&p=doc

Or go to http://wol.jw.org and search for "located in the same article":

"good news" sin* "give little attention to a key aspect"

• DS211
    DS211

Marked

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Great job and thanks for I too was planing on sharing a similiar thought the next time the elders came over. The last time they visited I was blowing up some of their dogma and the head elder just used the excuse that atleast were spreading the good news of the kingdom. Your presentation will give me a great templet to use when and if I speak to him again.

• Rufus T. Firefly
    Rufus T. Firefly

BRAVO, Christian Guy! I sent you a private message, too.

~ Rufus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit