Atheism

by avatar 837 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

It does not distress you that your friend is distressed?

I think my friend was less distressed by you, and more distressed that her friend would sit back and watch the insults fly, and always come to the defense of her insulter, but never her. I could be wrong--I was getting a little lost. But if that is accurate, that would distress me a bit too. I really don't care if people come out to defend me or not, because I don't personally get too hurt, but if a friend jumped all over me for what I said, but stood by while another said terrible things to me---yeah---that would irritate me.

So you are asking to be banned n drew? Admitting to being a troll?

Nah. I don't care either way. I just find the whole thing interesting. I'm trying to figure it out.

Are not these two pov incompatable?

No. Shocking things can be quite interesting! We always want to know more. I mean, the first thing I do when I'm shocked, is I ask for details. Perfectly compatible, and actually go hand-in-hand.

NC

• N.drew
    N.drew

Once again missing the main points. Btw that is why I would rather dust.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

N.Drew---honestly---I never understand your main points. I don't intentionally miss them---I just can't figure them out.

NC

• N.drew
    N.drew
    I never understand your main points. I don't intentionally miss them---I just can't figure them out.

You can't figure it out? Blaming ME? Again?

OK

FlyingHighNow gave you some advice, not about the person of New Chapter, but about your posting style. If your "she's attacking me" is about HER then I think you're wrong. She did not attack you. If not her, then who? It wasn't me, I don't remember, unless..... If it was me you're referring I must say sorry that I made you feel attacked.

Anyway, the main point was you attacked another poster by saying she/he attacked YOU. If in case there was no PERSONAL attack, which I believe there was not, then it is you who threw the first punch.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Another way to say it is:

You felt attacked. It was NOT a real personal attack and was well within the posting guidelines.

But you felt right about SAYING someone was ATTACKING you when indeed she was not.

Same thing I got in trouble for. And I learned from it. Are you?

• tec
    tec

I think my friend was less distressed by you, and more distressed that her friend would sit back and watch the insults fly, and always come to the defense of her insulter, but never her. I could be wrong--I was getting a little lost. But if that is accurate, that would distress

me a bit too. I really don't care if people come out to defend me or not, because I don't personally get too hurt, but if a friend jumped all over me for what I said, but stood by while another said terrible things to me---yeah---that would irritate me.

This was after some history, that you admittedly do not know. And after some aspirations to my character were also set out there, long before this blew up into insanity. When this began, I did defend palm' character, I just disagreed with her position.

So while I do think Nancy is justified in being upset with Palm and a few others, (albeit disagreeing with how she expressed it), I acknowledge that my silence caused Palm to feel that I condone or agree with the names she was being called. I do not. So for my part, I apologize for the hurt I caused.

Peace,

tammy

• james_woods
    james_woods

Berengeria/Beks:

Hehe, so James is saying that non believers are superior and should behave as such???

Close, but not exactly. My exact point was: IF non-believers THINK they are superior they should behave as such.

The opposite point is also true: IF believers THINK they are superior they should behave as such.

• tec
    tec

I saw that point, James, lol. Perhaps it is why no believer took offense at your sentiments.

Peace,

tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

So we must think of ourselves as superior? Does such a notion feed the already prevelant opinion that atheists think they are superior and are therefore ignorant?

• N.drew
    N.drew
    So we must think of ourselves as superior? Does such a notion feed the already prevelant opinion that atheists think they are superior and are therefore ignorant?

IF non-believers THINK they are superior they should behave as such. quoted

Or they can rightly be called "passive aggressive" in my opinion and should be "left alone".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit