Atheism

by avatar 837 Replies latest jw friends

• N.drew
    N.drew
    my........ character was attacked repeatedly.

This is not how I read it. The way I read what was posted was friendly criticizm on your POSTING style.

When someone comments about how they PERCEIVE what you write is not a "personal attack".

Personal attacks attack the PERSON not the post.

For instance, examples of personal attacks:

Babbler (that's a person, also passive aggressive) How could the same thing be said, but NOT be personal? "What you wrote sounds like babble to me". Then the fault is shared now, isn't it? The second example communicates "you said something but I don't understand it". When you call someone a babbler, they get the feeling NOTHING they say is any good.

Mentally retarded. That's a personal attack

Get on some meds. Personal attack

Be institutionalized. VERY personal attack

A passive aggressive personality. I got the feeling posters where calling ME that? When was I ever passive?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I don't know that the passive/aggressive comment was for you NDrew.

Other than that, I won't continue this, because I wouldn't want to touch off a cuss-me-out episode. I am personally shocked at what you have been able to get away with---but it doesn't distress me---it is just very interesting to watch.

NC

• N.drew
    N.drew
    but it doesn't distress me---it is just very interesting to watch.

It does not distress you that your friend is distressed?

I am personally shocked at what you have been able to get away with

Not more surprised than I am

I am personally shocked ...... it is just very interesting to watch.

Are not these two pov incompatable?

• elderelite
    elderelite

So you are asking to be banned n drew? Admitting to being a troll?

• N.drew
    N.drew

Wise. I did not post so that we might fight. I posted because you accused another poster of personally attacking you. I am sure she did not. It would be beneficial to learn the difference between a personal attack and debate.

LOL I'm not talking about me. I do not know how long this check out line is.

To accuse someone of attacking you when she did not is wrong imo.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    So you are asking to be banned n drew? Admitting to being a troll?

Yes sir

My house is getting dusty.

• elderelite
    elderelite

I think something got lost in translation in that one, but ill take "my house is getting dusty" and roll with it. As long as you give the worship of Thir a chance.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    As long as you give the worship of Thir a chance.

OK! But Thor might get jealous

• bohm
    bohm

Tyr, the god of ordered warfare, would kick Thors ass any day of the week if you ask me.

• tec
    tec

If you can't win the argument, tell the person you don't like their attitude!

This happens a fair amount, agreed. It does happen to both theists and atheists. Same with perceiving attack; when there is no attack. Happens to us all.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit