Atheism

by avatar 837 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I am sorry, NC and Palm,,, I was directing my comments to FHN and her passive-aggressive comments. Maybe it's time I just left this place.

Thanks for the clarification Tal. Don't go. Look, we are playing REALLY nice now. :)

NC

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    Maybe it's time I just left this place.

Noooooo.....everyone is just paranoid and suspicious right now. That's the spirit that's been fostered here lately, and I'm positive it will dissipate now that the instigator of that spirit is gone.

• tec
    tec

But none of their ideas make me feel threatened----I don't believe any of them.

Cool.

Maybe just frustration by not being able to convince others of something you think is correct?

Peace,

tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Frustration plays a role, certainly. It is frustrating for me to watch as someone does the same mental gymnastics that I used to do---to understand what is happening---and to look for a way through it.

NC

• talesin
    talesin

I'm sorry. It is just hard to lose a friend of many years, finally seeing their true colours :( I hope you know I didn't say that to get attention, but it came from being discouraged.

xxoo

• sizemik
    sizemik

It's often forgotten . . .

As cofty said . . . we all set up camp along the journey . . . and it's not finished . . . for any of us. Atheism is not a conversion . . . it's a loss . . . a loss of theistic religious belief. It comes at the end of a journey in a sense, but is as much a starting point in another sense.

It's more like a new way of thinking . . . and demands a more intellectual approach to belief of any sort. That's not a bad starting point when you stop and think. It doesn't rule anything out . . . it's just very careful about what it rules "in"

But questioning everything is not the evil wasteland some percieve it to be, as long as one sticks with the questions and keeps looking, rather than uses it cynically or egotistically. But stating opposition to what others believe to be true and offering the evidence as to why is never an insult . . . quite the opposite I believe.

It's a privelege really, to have someone share their mind with us . . . they don't have to.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I'm sorry. It is just hard to lose a friend of many years, finally seeing their true colours :( I hope you know I didn't say that to get attention, but it came from being discouraged.

I'm sorry Tal. I don't think you're trying to get attention---but I'm sorry that you're feeling discouraged. I hope you stay---just think about things.

NC

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

That was beautiful Size---very accurate.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    That was beautiful Size---very accurate.

Ditto.

Sizey is under-appreciated here.

• talesin
    talesin

not to worry, I often feel this way, but don't often express it... sry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit