Atheism

by avatar 837 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Seconding Ber's answer --- NO.

What is this answering? I feel so dumb right now! LOL I can't follow the side conversations and just feel left out.

JW's are like everyone else. They have a wide variety of personalities. There are similarities---we can predict how they will react to some things---but they still do so according to their own style. I've known very mild, tactful, rude, fiery, timid, insecure, confidant, and reasonable JW's. I think it is wrong to just pigeonhole them all, and then go on the premise that they are all the same--and then patrol a forum looking for traits you identify as JW. Afterall, it is not the opinion you are objecting to, it is the expression of that opinion. You don't like how I express my opinion, and think that you are in a position to judge such and tell others how they should present their thoughts. JW's may be presenting the exact same thoughts, but they all have a unique style.

NC

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL New Chapter...that is because you are busy answering questions sensibly...this was the question.

Haven't you ever been away from the forum and cringed at how opinionated we can all be? And then it hits you how it's like residual jw behavior traits.

and I answer NO too

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL Got it!

Beks, check your pms again.

nc

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Okay, good, cuz I thought you were talking about me in CODE!

• still thinking
    still thinking

Does that mean I don't get a PM? are you ignoring me?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I meet them everywhere in my life. I think I've been a church pew twice this year. Once for Ash Wednesday and the other for Maundy Thursday. Funny, no one discussed their personal beliefs.

We had events and speakers all over Grand Rapids this past few months who talked about their own religions. Muslim, Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, Roman Catholic, Christian Reformed, Eastern Orthodox and some I missed due to other obligations. All of the speakers were professional, informative and respectful. I occasionally in my life have run into people trying to save my soul on the spot. Southern Baptists and Jehovah's Witnesses come to mind.

My own beliefs do not fit in with the Christian norm and most of the time, people who are more conservative are pretty respectful about our differences.

One of the most interesting things I learned from the lecture on Hinduism is that you cannot trace and find the beginning to Hinduism. That was something I had not read when I studied about it as a teenager.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Still Thinking, you have a pm.

• still thinking
  • Berengaria
    Berengaria

Yes Still, a PM, and you too NC!

Goodnight!

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL back at ya NC. goodnight all. I gotta go. thanks berengaria

Share this