Atheism

by avatar 837 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Here is a link that discusses the truth behind her death. It's a little different than I remember (no mention of being Jewish), but the sentiment is there. Just another example of how the truth sometimes differs from the perception through misinformation. A person so misinformed may not even know that something is wonky and that they should investigate unless someone else points out the flaws----but once committed to finding the evidence behind a statement, the information is readily available. Don't shoot the messenger. And if you want to continue to argue that Mama Cass choked to death, I will not back down, and I will offer intensifying bits of evidence until the truth comes out. I'm arrogant.

http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/mamacass.asp

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You're so deep Gladiator.

• talesin
    talesin

mrsjones - I read it. ;)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yay!

• N.drew
    N.drew
    A person so misinformed may not even know that something is wonky and that they should investigate unless someone else points out the flaws----but once committed to finding the evidence behind a statement, the information is readily available.

I should do this without delay! Because it's so damned important to the aurgument. Well no, but it's important to something. I guess. Why is it important to know? I was eating spagetti. A piece got caught. I thought of Mama Cass. I don't know why. But do you think she is worried?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

It's only a problem if you are concerned with truth. If you are good with the urban legend, and that makes you happy, then carry on. Truth matters to some more than others---be each view is valid. Perhaps her family cares a bit, but there is no reason to concern ourselves with that.

NC

• N.drew
    N.drew

Right! BECAUSE THEY READ jwn i HATE MY FAT FINGERS. APOLOGIES TO MOMMA CASS again.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I've only read through page two, but...............................................I'm already exhausted

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Right! BECAUSE THEY READ jwn i HATE MY FAT FINGERS. APOLOGIES TO MOMMA CASS again.

I said you should not concern yourself with the truth. Your version is just as valid as the real story. Her family probably does not read JWN, so there really is no problem perpetuating an untruth. It's a fun story---why drop it?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Hi Beks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit