Christian Apologists - Please Watch This and Tell Us Why it is wrong?

by cantleave 834 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bohm
    bohm

Obviously the problem in places like afghanistan is to much science and to little faith.

• tec
    tec

Well, I don't know what to add to the thread now that I have read the last few pages. I was going to respond to Cantleave's post, and still will if he likes.

I think getting hung up on whether or not Einstein believed as Sab believes was just a distraction from the on-topic quote that showed Einstein stating that we cannot blame God for the evil in the world, because we use our free will to create that evil. (Einstein said it better than my paraphrase)

I also think it is silly and pointless to argue over whether Einstein (or anyone else for that matter, who is dead) was a believer or not. A, we're taking quotes from different times and perhaps out of conte x t. Einstein may well have thought different things at different points in his life. We can't ask him now, and we could all be totally wrong. B, who cares? Whether Einstein believed in God or not has no bearing on whether there IS a God or not.

And at this point, I think Sab is being misrepresented in things that he is saying, most since the Einstein thing got brought up... perhaps because Einstein himself seems not to have believed with the OP of this thread? Just a guess.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

Sab apologized - twice - for what he said to NC, Bohm. Twice. Just saying.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

TT2C - In case you would like my definition of a militant atheist:

An atheist who is intolerant of theists, and who would like to erradicate religion/faith of all kind... or at the very least make certain that any e x pression of belief is done behind closed doors so no one ever has to see it or hear it. Open intolerance and disdain fits the bill.

If you google militant athiest you will find a few definitions. I did that a few weeks ago when someone asked me this question.

Peace,

tammy

• bohm
    bohm

Tec: ..after it was pointed out over 4 pages why it was a rather stupid thing to say and i hope we dont have to go down that road again

• tec
    tec

Regardless of how the apology came about, it still came about. Twice.

Calling Sab's sanity into question is every bit as bad, moreso with the mocking that might come with it. Will this also get an apology?

(I know you can't answer that, btw... just putting it out there)

Peace,

tammy

• bohm
    bohm

Tec: my point is exactly that noone -including sab- like this type of rethoric.

I think there is a pattern of sab writing down things which pop into his mind as he go along on these threads. Therefore when the ideas are critiziced it become very personal, so we get these very definate conspiratoric statements.

I agree sabs mental health should be kept out of this, but i dont think zid was mocking his mental health but questioning the soundness of his ideas..

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab apologized - twice - for what he said to NC, Bohm. Twice. Just saying.

I got mad when NC said I was working with NO data while she and her atheists peeps worked with actual data. I didn't realize I was targeting her with my angst until she got uneasy which is why I apologized. I don't want to make people feel uneasy, that's not my intent. Now Bohm brings it up to demonize me when I call Zid intolerant, once again out of no where (KAHHHHHH!).

Nooooo, those are YOUR words...

I base my assertion on how you have treated me in this discussion. I feel like I am being discrimiated against as a beleiver so it's not a baseless assumption that you hold intolerance towards more than just me.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I agree sabs mental health should be kept out of this, but i dont think zid was mocking his mental health but questioning the soundness of his ideas..

If you don't like my ideas don't read them. And they are not based upon "thoughts that pop into my head." Go back to your nest and wait for another false alarm.

-Sab

• bohm
    bohm

Cry me a river sab. You call zid intolerant and as far as i can tell you still think thats a smart thing to throw around. i bring up you said many intolerant things the other day. Your not being demonized, you are being made aware of irony.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit