Christian Apologists - Please Watch This and Tell Us Why it is wrong?

by cantleave 834 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "I don't need a guarantee, if had a chance to kill Hitler I would take it, even if he was a baby. So you are saying you wouldn't kill the baby?..." Sab

No, you knucklehead!!!

If one were to pick a pivotal moment in history to effectively facilitate vast changes, I'd prevent the assassination that sparked World War One...

After all, Hilter AND the conditions that led to his dictatorship were generated by WWI...!!

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Don't worry I am donating my brain to science when I die...." Sab, yet again

Try exercising it WITH SCIENCE, while you're still alive....

(And yet again with the death-orientation instead of being life-oriented... )

• sabastious
    sabastious
    If one were to pick a pivotal moment in history to effectively facilitate vast changes, I'd prevent the assassination that sparked World War One...

The hypothetical was not to depict a facilitating of vast changes for mankind, but to demonstrate the idea of life for life. One baby is not as important as six million Jews so on that line of reasoning it's less moral to allow the baby to live. The very fact that such a decision is hard for us means that we have no business making such decisions. They should be left to a higher power.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Try exercising it WITH SCIENCE, while you're still alive....

E=mc2: a formula created/discovered by a believer in God.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

I did have many scientists study my brain while I was alive. They gave me a diagnosis and then told me I was untreatable after 4 years of treatment and 100 pounds of gained weight on my part. I gave science a chance, then I gave God his. I wonder if that pissed him off?

-Sab

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Sab - Einstien was agnostic not a believer in a personal God.

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly." - Helen Dukas and Banesh Hoffman (eds) (1981). Albert Einstein, The Human Side. Princeton University Press. p. 43.

• ziddina
    ziddina

You wish Einstein believed...

Find the WHOLE quote, duuuuuude.

I'm outta here...

dragon

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab - Einstien was agnostic not a believer in a personal God.

I think his beliefs should be considered deism:

“Yes, you can call it that,” Einstein replied calmly. “Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that, behind all the discernible laws and connections, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable. Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion. To that extent I am, in fact, religious.”

-Sab

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Here is what Einstien really thought of god. In other words stop worrying about god, and figure out our problems for ourselves. Now there is a voice of reason!

Einstein expressed his skepticism regarding an anthropomorphic deity, often describing it as "naïve" and "childlike". He stated, "It seems to me that the idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I cannot take seriously. I feel also not able to imagine some will or goal outside the human sphere. My views are near those of Spinoza: admiration for the beauty of and belief in the logical simplicity of the order which we can grasp humbly and only imperfectly. I believe that we have to content ourselves with our imperfect knowledge and understanding and treat values and moral obligations as a purely human problem—the most important of all human problems. - Hoffmann, Banesh (1972). Albert Einstein Creator and Rebel. New York: New American Library, p. 95.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Dammit - I'm mad someone else got post 666 on this thread I guess i'll settle for 700th.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit