I need you tonight my friends,Please

by Valentine 90 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

BoozeRunner,

I hope you are right. I hope that her friends can help her more than a professional. However, I don't see her pain as short lived. It is a 20 year pain, and on that account, I think she needs help beyond what we can give her.

• Prisca
    Prisca

larc,

thanks for understanding where I am coming from.

I am NOT suggesting that she stops grieving, or that any grieving is bad. But for it to affect Tina in such a manner 20 yrs after the accident shows that she hasn't come to terms with it.

Like larc, I have seen many close relatives die. My mother was the one I saw die in front of me. I was only 11 at the time. Since then, I have had aunts, uncles, my last surviving grandparent die, many from cancer.

But life goes on.

I'll share a little ritual I do on the anniversary of my mother's death. I buy a beautiful bunch of red roses and display them in my lounge-room. They are there to remind me of her beauty, her warmth, her courage, her humanity and her sparkling personality. She was a wonderful woman that died too early. Rather than mourn her life, I celebrate it. And I live life to it's fullest, since I have seen how fragile life is.

Life is wonderful.

• larc
    larc

Prisca,

I started to write about the death of my cousin, but half way through it, I said to myself, "I can't do this, I can't do this." I thought about writing about the death of my wife's sister, but I would never do that without her permission. None of this is easy, but we do have to go on.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Tina; I was offline over the weekend and yesterday... sorry to hear things are bad for you, thinking of you.

Prisca; Do you seriously think ANYONE who comes to this board on a regular basis doesn't know you have a transparent agenda against Tina? Do you think people are that stupid they don't see it? Do you want the URL's to back this up? Are you so emotionally numb towards others that you cannot comprehend the difference between 'die' and 'murder'? I'm no Christian, but you have something in your eye woman. Ugh!

• larc
    larc

I remember when my mother died. I was grieving for some time. One day a thought came to me. This happens to everyone. Before that thought, I felt like I was the only one in the entire world who had had this happen.

Prisca, I know it is more difficult when you are child and your mother dies. I did not have such a sad experience. My own mother did. Her mother died when she was only 5 years old. That is when her two aunts who where Jehovah's Witnesses told her that she would see her mother in paradise. She remembered those words and about 17 years later she studied with those aunts and became a Jehovah's Witness, and the rest is history.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Abaddon,

I didn't write in this thread because of some "agenda" against Tina. Read what I said and tell me what's wrong with the advice I gave. It's the same as what Larc is saying too. Are you going to accuse Larc of having an "agenda" against her too?

Get real mate. Re-read my posts in this thread and you just might learn something for a change.

• larc
    larc

Abaddon,

I think you believe that because people have real conflict, that they can't come out to try to help someone. I think we are simply attempting to share the common experiences on a very dificult human problem.

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Larc,

I hear you loud and clear. I figured that since TINA titled this thread I need you tonight my friends,Please, that she needed a lil help from her friends temporarily. Besides, I know she is smart enough to know when it will get TOO overwhelming for such a temporary solution.
    I guess I dont like to "go beyond whats written." LOL

Boozy

• Prisca
    Prisca

Larc,

I was a JW (3rd generation) when my mother died. It sustained me to think I would see her again in the New System (as we called it then).

Now that I'm no longer a JW, I don't believe in the Paradise Earth theory, but I do think that there is an afterlife of some sort. I'm still a believer in God, so I leave things in his hands. Gives me peace of mind.

Tina might call such a belief system as a "crutch", but it's no worse than those that use alcohol or drugs as a crutch.

• larc
    larc

Booze Runner,

You made a good point. It may be a temporary probem, in that the death of another person could have triggered some thoughts, or the date of the other person and the date of her husband's death. It might not be a 20 year problem, but a temporary problem, based on some triggers in her mind that made her emotionally distraught.

I don't know what it was, because it has never happened to me. I do think about these things, but I have not had an emotional trauma from it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit