More Watch Tower Cost Cutting!!! Smaller Magazine to be Announced

by cantleave 230 Replies latest members private

• Notreadytorun
    Notreadytorun

quarterback... i take my ipad now, my bag is sooo much lighter!

• cantleave
    cantleave

So the demonised internet is the reason for reducing holy literature!!

The next thing will be task each individual JW with creating their own personal "proclaim the good news" website. Just like some MLM companies do.

Thanks for publishing the letter, I could only get it in an Eastern European Language that I could not translate.

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

16 pages?

Just about enough to cover the base tray of my parrot cage.

• mP
    mP

Would be great if Anonymous hacked their website and updated some of the PDFs without making it too obvious.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

They don't need the 'donations' for the literature anyway, they make far more from hedge funds i suspect, as well as sweet real estate flips.

They'll downsize to a 4 page watchtower one of these days so the dubs can go handing them out for free, will still keep them busy.

hell they'll sell it as a sign of urgency too...just get them watchtowers out coz the end is in a nano second...

Oz

• Nebeska Nada
    Nebeska Nada
    It's not a joke! We already have the letter in portuguese!
    http://torrentower.blogs.sapo.pt/6912.html

AMEN!

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

WT logic at its very best:

"More people are reading our literature than ever, so we will cut our production by half. What a glorious blessing."

• Gayle
    Gayle

Their "truth" in half the pages,,,what a deal!!

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Directing everyone to their website, which is only a few clicks away from opposing material, is the equivalent of selling their literature at a book store along with all the other information out there. They may get additional exposure but there's also a good chance that they will be leading people to thier direct competition to comparrison shop. Anyone who becomes a JW from now on will not have the argument many of us have. We weren't allowed to view or weren't even exposed to any other information before we formed our beliefs and "dedicated" our lives . I imagine the door to door work will become more like the tract work. They will have small leaflets to distribute that direct people to the website and they will be following up on people who have already visited it or made an online request for a visit It may be more of maintaining a presence in the territories should there be any intrest.

I imagine one day they will Skype the meetings for those who can't make it. Can you imagine how having a camera running in the K Hall during the meetings would cut down on the trips to the bathroom and whispering to your neighbor and smacking of children? Not to mention the need to apply makeup to the speaker. LOL

• stapler99
    stapler99

I have seen the letter in English and it is very close to the translation from Portuguese posted above.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit