More Watch Tower Cost Cutting!!! Smaller Magazine to be Announced

by cantleave 230 Replies latest members private

• stapler99
    stapler99

The main reason given is that it is harder to obtain paper and printing equipment. I wonder if this is correct.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Paper is a common commodity and they always buy pretty bespoke printing equipment, smells of BS to me!

• Gayle
    Gayle

any word what size it will be then,,, as now? or Reader's Digest size 5 x 8 -ish (which is still considered a magazine size also) ???

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

harder to obtain paper and printing equipment.

Translation, costs gone up too much to profitably distribute 2x32 page magazines on the donation basis where uneducated jws just don't cover enough of the costs of materials and equipment to make 2x32 page mags worth printing.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If it helps anyone to think of it this way, Borders Book Stores (in the United States) were huge, but to stay in the game with Amazon, they offered the eReaders (various electronic book reading/downloading devices).

Well, Borders went bankrupt and is gone, but Amazon is going strong with their electronic readers as well as books.

Maybe the same will happen to WTS sooner than we imagined since they are following Borders' failure path.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Click of the mouse

I was/still am interested in the TV advertised 'EZ Eyes' large type PC keyboard and of course the FIRST thing I did is google it went to reviews and made a decision to not buy the product instead to buy similar at Best Buy chain store instead of online.

Click of the mouse

Saw the TV advertised and spamming my inbox clothes dryer 'lint lizard' and discovered DO NOT BUY its a scam I will make my own for $8 worth of parts at hardware store.

Yes all in the click of the mouse I googled Jehovah Witnesses,scrolled down a bit found this site and a place called Free Minds

All in the click of a mouse,yes help today is only mouse click away....

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

In the space of 5 years the magazines have been reduced by almost 75%. We went from 2 watchtowers and awakes monthly to one each now they will be half as big, half as often.

• steve2
    steve2

A JW-friendly family member told me that many witnesses have viewed the cutting back of the total number of branch offices around the world and the stopping of the Book Study as positive proof that the organization is ready for the end by helping the brothers and sisters focus on the core witnessing work.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

A JW-friendly family member told me that many witnesses have viewed the cutting back of the total number of branch offices around the world and the stopping of the Book Study as positive proof that the organization is ready for the end

The end of them?!

Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hey, Juan Viejo2!! Thanks for posting that - and the translation!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit