More Watch Tower Cost Cutting!!! Smaller Magazine to be Announced

by cantleave 230 Replies latest members private

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

I wouldn't be surprised one of the most significant savings is in freight cost. These magazines will take up half the space on a trailer that they used to.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Also, I think this is another signal that they are moving towards doing away with public editions all together. They are not stupid, and they have to realize that no one is reading these. I've said before on this forum that it would be a much more logical step finance-wise to just have a series of tract campaigns throughout the year. I wouldn't be surprised if they move that direction in the next 5 years.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/204690/1/The-Phasing-Out-Of-The-Public-Watchtower-Magazine

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Has anyone tried to change the Wikipedia page?

• Amelia Ashton
  • Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Just a little mention could be edited in here.

The Watchtower Announcing Jehovah's Kingdom is an illustrated religious magazine, published semi-monthly in 194 languages [ 1 ] by Jehovah's Witnesses via the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania and printed in various branch offices around the world. Along with its companion magazine, Awake!, Jehovah's Witnesses distribute The Watchtower—Public Edition in their door-to-door ministry; The Watchtower—Study Edition is used at congregation meetings. [ 2 ] [ 3 ] The Watchtower—Public Edition is the most widely circulated magazine in the world, with an average print run of over 42,000,000 copies per month. [ 4 ] [ 5 ] "The Watchtower will be reduced from 32 pages to 16 and this change is to be announced to publishers in April".

• Amelia Ashton
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

I wouldn't use the word "publishers" in any edit, it will confuse the public, say the " Jehovah's Witnesses who distribute" instead.

This nicely gets over to the R&F that they are only mules, only fit to be told that their MagBag will get lighter at the last minute.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

This matter should be kept strictly confidential among the elders until the letter is read in your congregation.

Did anyone else find THIS to be the funniest part of it all????? >>confidential<<

ROFLMAO!

Doc

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I waded through the first 4 pages, and I never saw the actual announcement.

Is this just a joke? How could the warning part of the announcement be available, and no actual announcement to read?

My bullshit meter is tipping red.

Jeff

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

We have 3 separate sources claiming the announcement of the announcement to be correct.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit