IS GOD REAL? HOW DO YOU KNOW?

by still thinking 778 Replies latest jw friends

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

N.Drew - you said, this is good! I will also match your I don't know with my I don't know. You either know or you don't? Which is it. And if you know, where is the proof? And if you know why then say you'll match my I don't know with one of your own, that makes no sense.

Im sorry to tell you that I've been working, hence why I can't just jump on here every two mins just in case you may have answered me, feel free to message me your email and I'll carry on this conversation with you via that since I get notified when an email comes in but not when you reply here.

In response to another poster - I too can look to the night sky and marvel, the beauty of life etc but I can also see starvation, murder, rape, misery etc.

• tec
    tec

A false analogy Tammy. The rich man hires according to a job description ie; to manage his estate and oversee his children. If that is known to the employee and he refuses to comply then you are right. Like the employee, I need the job description . . . from him. Otherwise how can I comply?
    You can only do God's will if you know him and can hear him speaking to you. He doesn't speak to those unwilling to do what he wants, even though what he wants is a mystery to them. I can't see how this is not circular.

It your neighbor has a manager for his estate and that man has brought it to ruin, then you're not likely to hire this man to then manage your estate, right? So it is possible to know if someone is going to go their own way, or your way, based on what you have seen them do.

I also don't think what God wants from us is such a mystery... and I think all that is required is a sincere desire to do His will.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

I do not think the OP has asked for proof iCeltic. She has only asked for our own reasons for how we know God is real, if we know such a thing. You do not have to agree, of course.

Peace,

tammy

• N.drew
    N.drew
    You either know or you don't?

I do not even know or not whether I am imagining You or if You are real. I do not know whether I am awake or asleep dreaming about me. So I can not know in any absolute way that I know God, now can I?

Pam, it was great thanks!

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

That answer says it all to me N.Drew.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    That answer says it all to me

iCeltic do you have proof that you are not asleep dreaming?

Your answer is that the majority seems to be on your side about real, so it's real? Hm.

Does that make God real when the majority believes in God?

If so, then I'm on the right side, now aren't I?

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Tec - still thinking said

So I ask believers of ALL kinds, not just christian, but those who consider themselves christians are indeed welcome, to share how they KNOW their god is real.

How they KNOW their God is real. I have absolutely no problem with people having a strong faith, like you, but still thinking was asking how you KNOW, not feelings, voices or looking at the sky but KNOW.

i can't give her an answer since I'm able to say that I don't know.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

N.Drew - I'm happy to carry on sensible discussion but asking for proof that I'm/you are not asleep and dreaming is being silly.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    for proof that I'm/you are not asleep and dreaming is being silly.

Is it being more silly or less silly than they who say "SHOW YOURSELF King of ETERNITY and WE shall BELIEVE!"?

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Yes, way more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit