IS GOD REAL? HOW DO YOU KNOW?

by still thinking 778 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

You saw a need....or had a need? I think when I believed in God...he filled a need.

• N.drew
    N.drew

I see that the World needs more love. People need homes, food, clean water. We need to be proactive to prevent certain people from gaining power over others. We need to learn to shed our dependence on power. People need to be nicer to one another.

I told you I imagine I had been visited. I thought OMG there's power in the air? I shall find it! And I did.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I agree with what you are saying about what the world needs...but isn't it people who and provide these things? I have seen no evidence to suggest that God is doing anything about it at all.

As for your 'visitation' I am still mulling that over...

• N.drew
    N.drew
    I have seen no evidence to suggest that God is doing anything about it at all.

God uses people to do God's will on Earth. Now I am mentally being led to quote the Bible, but I'll try not to. There are very few people willing to cooperate with righteousness. Isn't it obvious?

I have seen lots of evidence that God is very busy providing help.

• N.drew
    N.drew

People tend to concern themselves with the bad results of their misguided effort. God is about working on the foundation to prevent bad results. And isn't it awful that heaven keeps doing it despite the growing thanklessness?

• still thinking
    still thinking
    God uses people to do God's will on Earth. Now I am mentally being led to quote the Bible, but I'll try not to. There are very few people willing to cooperate with righteousness. Isn't it obvious?

How do you know God uses people? Is it just because the bible says so? seems ironic you wanted to turn there to prove this 'fact'

There are many people who are good people....and many of them do not have faith in any god...that is obvious to me

I have seen lots of evidence that God is very busy providing help.

Really, would that be charities run by churches? How does that prove god has a hand in it? I find it hard to beleive that if there was a god he would have anything to do with organised religion. And....don't forget, that some of the finalcial assistance would also be from the donations of Unbelievers.

Or did you have some other example of gods help in mind.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    And isn't it awful that heaven keeps doing it despite the growing thanklessness?

It may be....if it is true...

• N.drew
    N.drew

Yes, I have other examples. But this discussion is turning into a ring and I don't like rings. Ring like around and around and.....

Good bye stillthinking! Peace!

• still thinking
    still thinking

have a nice day N.drew... or is it evening where you are? I forget.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit