Theists, why does God allow suffering..

by The Quiet One 754 Replies latest watchtower bible

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

oooh OOH bioflex!! Tell me again how the polar bears, penguins, platypus, three-toed sloth and all the species of beetles and termites made their way to Noah's ark. It's my favorite story EVER!!

• bioflex
    bioflex

@poopsiecakes: You conveniently avoided the snake venom issue. But that's ok. Wanna talk about jellyfish stingers?

What is the point of poison if it cant hurt you?

The same way? No. They operate mostly on instinct.

Exactly, so do animal intincts change? and please do ellaborate on your answer.

@Cofty: Yes, just like if we had never seen a gun we could examine it and test it and reasonably conclude that it was designed to kill things.

But not when it turns out to be a water gun right? surely a gun it is, but connot in any sense be used for killing right? So lets say the first time we ever came across the gun it was filled with water bullets, or some other harmless object, how would you come to the conclusion that the gun is meant for killing?

• bohm
    bohm

It just occured to me. Maybe chemistry is wrong, and at one point there was only like five types of molecules but they was really complex, and everything were made of those, and then at some point a talking donkey ate a banana, and it was really bad so we got the chemistry we have today.

I think it makes perfect sence anyway.

• bioflex
    bioflex

@poopsiecakes: oooh OOH bioflex!! Tell me again how the polar bears, penguins, platypus, three-toed sloth and all the species of beetles and termites made their way to Noah's ark. It's my favorite story EVER!!

I would do that if you are able to explain how one human got up one morning and realized he was naked so needed to cloth himself, and decided to name himself distinctively, when neither of his ancestory/ relatives exhibit a tiny bit of such intellect?

hint: man and apes.

• cofty
    cofty

What part of - " Every single feature of tens of thousands of species are perfectly desigend to kill or escape predation" did you not understand bioflex?

• Robdar
    Robdar

Why does God allow suffering? Whoever said that he shouldn't? Why do you believe that he should prevent suffering? Are you confusing the Creator/Artist with a big ol' sky daddy?

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

What is the point of poison if it cant hurt you?

That's your response to why a loving god created the deadly effects of snake venom?

• Robdar
    Robdar

Is duality suffering? Is a tornado inherently evil? Some things simply are. Some things are chaos and some things are orderly, some neutral. Of the neutral, we make it black or white. And we should not confuse chaos with evil.

Poopsie, wouldn't a loving god give a ground crawling snake a way to protect itself? Just because a snake has venom that could kill you doesn't mean that God is not loving. He loves you and he loves the snake. Get in the way of the snake and Darwin has something to say about it but that doesn't mean that God is not love.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Poopsie, wouldn't a loving god give a ground crawling snake a way to protect itself?

The point I was making to bioflex was in response to his comment (the old WT chestnut) that all animals were intentionally created to be herbivores.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

double post

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit