Theists, why does God allow suffering..

by The Quiet One 754 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bioflex
    bioflex

@Cofty: Now let me throw in this logic

Lions, tigers, Cheeters, Jaguar = These all hunt similar preys. So why do they all have different builds and abilities? Why are cheetahs so fast? why do Jaguars climb trees and lions cannot ? And why are lions stronger than cheetahs ?

Its because that is how they were created. Each exhibiting different features.

• cofty
    cofty

It always amazes me that theists believe their god made the natural world and yet their ignorance of it is astonishing. You would think they would show more interest in what their god made the effort to create wouldn't you?

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Well Cofty, I doubt anyone will penetrate the mind shield that bioflex has built for himself. But hey, it's worth a shot right?

• cofty
    cofty
    Lions, tigers, Cheeters, Jaguar = These all hunt similar preys. So why do they all have different builds and abilities? Why are cheetahs so fast? why do Jaguars climb trees and lions cannot ? And why are lions stronger than cheetahs ?

Because every species has evolved to fill a niche in the natural world. A cheetah hunts as a solitary predator, it can accelerate to 60mph and if it manages to surprise its prey it will catch it before muscle fatigue sets in. Many times an antelope will just manage to outrun a cheetah by using a head start to stay ahead until the cheetah is exhausted. Lions are not so fast but they have evolved the social skills to hunt in packs and cooperate to isolate an individual animal from the herd.

Every species has its unique strengths that it has evolved over millions of years to equip it to succed in hunting its food or in escaping predators. This arms race between predator and prey is responsible for most of the complexities of life that we marvel at today.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Yes bioflex.. I THINK ANIMAL PAIN IS BAD. Is that simple enough for you? "suf·fer [ suhf -er] - verb (used with or without object) 1. to undergo (pain, loss, etc.) http://m.dictionary.com/d/?q=suffering&o=0&l=dir

• bioflex
    bioflex

@Cofty: Are you really saying god made all these killing machines after the naked lady ate the fruit?

No, they were made before that incident took place. What you are saying is that the cheetah is not justified to have such speed if it just fed on plants. You are implying that the fact that the cheetah is fast means it was made to catch prey.

Animals only began to exhibit their abilities/features after the falling away. They were not cared/fed for, rather they had to feed and provide for themselves. That is when both humans and animal begun to exhibit their capabilities

@poopsiecakes: How about camouflage? Why did a loving god create animals with perfect camouflage? So that they could hide really well before pouncing to give a big hug? How about the venus flytrap? Was this created by a loving god to catch bubbles?

Isnt is beautiful? i mean how wonderful all the animals exhibit various fasciating characteristics, and yet all this is nullified by the evil effects that could come out of it.

Seriously bioflex, you really need to read more - or subscribe to Animal Planet. Or something, because your ignorance is embarrassing. The natural world is filled with natural suffering. It's life.

The natural world is surely filled with suffering and its quite evident, dont you think? Let me ask you, do you think animals feel/reason the same way as humans do?

• cofty
    cofty

You are implying that the fact that the cheetah is fast means it was made to catch prey.

Yes, just like if we had never seen a gun we could examine it and test it and reasonably conclude that it was designed to kill things.

Every single feature of tens of thousands of species are perfectly desigend to kill or escape predation. You are being willfully obtuse.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Isnt is beautiful? i mean how wonderful all the animals exhibit various fasciating characteristics, and yet all this is nullified by the evil effects that could come out of it.

You conveniently avoided the snake venom issue. But that's ok. Wanna talk about jellyfish stingers?

Let me ask you, do you think animals feel/reason the same way as humans do?

The same way? No. They operate mostly on instinct.

• bohm
    bohm

Funny how all the big cats lost the ability to eat fruit. Allmost like they never could.

• bioflex
    bioflex

@Cofty: Every species has its unique strengths that it has evolved over millions of years to equip it to succed in hunting its food or in escaping predators. This arms race between predator and prey is responsible for most of the complexities of life that we marvel at today.

I can barely stop luaghing when i hear things like these Over millions of years? really? One thing you seem to ignore is that all the unique strenghts about said animals could have been as a result of their creation. Diversity works for creation too, dont you think?

You believe in the notion that given enough time organisms from a common descent would evolve to bocome so different right?

@poopsiecakes: Well Cofty, I doubt anyone will penetrate the mind shield that bioflex has built for himself. But hey, it's worth a shot right?

The same could be said about you.

@The quite One: Pain is universal to living things(plant and animals) .Animals dont behave like humans, they lack most feeling humans have, animals dont feel bad about seeing one of their kind die right infront of them. That is how they were made.They feel pain and that is all there is to it. Cruelty is mostly on the part of humans. Animals dont consider their prey to be suffering. Just humans.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit