Theists, why does God allow suffering..

by The Quiet One 754 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Robdar
    Robdar

WooHoo! Work is over and it's time to start the 3 hour drive back home. Yall have a great weekend.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

holy crap Robdar - you live 3 hours away from work?!? Drive safe, darlin and happy weekend to you too.

• bioflex
    bioflex

@Cofty: What part of - " Every single feature of tens of thousands of species are perfectly desigend to kill or escape predation" did you not understand bioflex?

I very much understand you Cofty, the fact that you limit those designs and features to kill/escape being killed is what i fail to understand.

@poopsiecakes:That's your response to why a loving god created the deadly effects of snake venom?

In case you didnt know, countless number of people die because they suffocate in water, perhaps it was bad creating water too right? There are consequencies for whatever actions taken. That is a fact of life you cannot ignore.

• cofty
    cofty

the fact that you limit those designs and features to kill/escape being killed is what i fail to understand.

Then you need to study natural history, its endlessly fascinating.

• bioflex
    bioflex

i'm off to bed.

• bohm
    bohm

Bioflex: god did not originally create water so anyone could drown in it. That was due to the banana-incident. Keep up!

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

So please tell me, what was the original purpose of snake venom?

I won't bother to address your drowning comment because that's just a silly response, although not a bad metaphor for this whole conversation.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

POOPSIECAKES+COFTIE: Thanks for keeping this going, I just lost the will.. I don't think that we're dealing with an adult here (bioflex). ROBDAR: I'm questioning the belief in a loving God designing creatures that cause each other to suffer. I can agree with people who believe there's a Creator who doesn't care for individual creatures.. But I can't feel any warmth towards a God that designs living beings to tear each other apart/poison/eat from the inside out etc.. I appreciate your point about the snake having a defense, but can I assume that you wouldn't be phased at all by seeing a rabbit being poisoned/crushed to death/eaten alive by a snake? I doubt that you could feel nothing.. Does God have less empathy for animals than you or I ? (I'm not trying to be inflammatory, honestly.) Thanks for the reply.

• bioflex
    bioflex

@Cofty: Then you need to study natural history, its endlessly fascinating.

Do you realise that the majority of fast animals are not even carnivorous, lets take horses, how do you explain the speed of the horse considering the fact that it's an herbivour and speed is not factored in its feeding. Now the fact that animals behave according to instincts coded into their DNAs is more fascinating.

@poopsiecakes: So please tell me, what was the original purpose of snake venom?

Now the fact that a bullet is mainly purposed to kill does not mean the gun is only for killing, ever heard of a water gun? yep, i bet it cant kill a worm, So the fact that the snake vemon kills does not mean the snake was made to kill. You should know by now that there is two sides to everything, and they serve for both good and bad purposes depending on the situation.

@The quite one:I appreciate your point about the snake having a defense, but can I assume that you wouldn't be phased at all by seeing a rabbit being poisoned/crushed to death/eaten alive by a snake? I doubt that you could feel nothing.. Does God have less empathy for animals than you or I ? (I'm not trying to be inflammatory, honestly.) Thanks for the reply.

are you a vegetarian? and what is the difference between the crushed rabbit serving as dinner for a snake and the chicken that getted boiled by man for food. One thing you should know by now is that animals dont kill for sport, they feed because they are hungry. Some humans on the other hand are cruel to animals for no good reason. That is when God condemns their action. They way some humans even kill animals for food is terrible and disgusting.

• bohm
    bohm

I feel ignored!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit