Theists, why does God allow suffering..

by The Quiet One 754 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Yes perhaps I could have phrased it better defender of truth.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Seraphim said: "The sun keeps things running on the earth but it will cool eventually and with it all life, including good and bad for earth."
    .. Okay, am I getting all of this straight?

You believe that God:
    left the earth and mankind to evolve to this point, with random suffering and death from natural disasters for people and animals being absolutely necessary for them to survive and have free will, He rescues some people and animals from disaster yet not others, and will in the future leave the Sun to cool and life to die out on earth?
    I'd just like a tidy summary for those just joining us. Thanks.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

That’s not quite the way I would put it but almost yes, kind of.

• Caedes
    Caedes

Seraphim,

Any use of energy is going to increase chaos.

Overall entropy increases regardless of what we do. You think that your choices makes even a scratch on the surface of the 5.5 x 10 24 J (5.5 YottaJoules) of energy we get from the sun every day?

So when do you explain the link between free will and natural disasters?

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

"That’s not quite the way I would put it but almost yes, kind of."

Yes or no? Thanks.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

In that case no, defender of truth.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

I’m not trying to say that it will make a difference in comparison to the sun Caedes. Just that the interplay between order and chaos defines all activity on earth in terms of energy.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Don't you guys see? Seraphim's God is beyond your petty human logic and descriptive capability.

Let's play a different game. Try to guess what I'm holding behind my back right now. Hint, it's imaginary and it changes every couple of minutes and if you guess right I might decide I don't like your tone so I'll tell you it's wrong anyway. Wanna play?

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Seraphim: Which part of my summary is incorrect then, as simply as possible? Also, you said:"the interplay between order and chaos defines all activity on earth in terms of energy.".. How does this relate to free will?

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

The way it phrased and the random part.

If there no activity on earth in the interplay between order and chaos, there would be nothing to choose because there would be nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit