Theists, why does God allow suffering..

by The Quiet One 754 Replies latest watchtower bible

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Is that the same Jesus that believed in the Noah flood fairytale and that mankind started with two humans? I'll pass.... thanks

• cofty
    cofty

The strongest evidence agains theism is getting theists to explain it.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Blessed are the flexible as they shall not be bent out of shape.

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

"Female sand tiger shark produces 400 to 500 embryos at a time. While still in the womb, these embryo sharks grow razor-sharp teeth, the embryonic sharks start to eat other embryos. Within a few months, three to four dominant sharks engage in a life-or-death struggle until only one survives. By the time it is born, the sole-surviving shark pup has become an experienced predator. Amazing film taken inside the womb recently appeared on UK television clearly demonstrating this behaviour."

Thanks for the info. I never knew this and found it to be very interesting.

• cofty
    cofty

You're welcome. Nature knows no limits on the ways it has discoverd to maximise suffering.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Yet if it wasn’t for such processes there would be no sharks to fill their niche in the highly competitive eco system, as the sharks would have died out because of unfit sharks being picked off to extinction. So it also keeps suffering to a minimum when one thinks about it. Certain chemicals that block pain when an organism is under attack more than likely also minimise suffering in the shark. What an amazing thing nature is!

• cofty
    cofty

So the only way your god could think of to produce fit sharks was to have them fight to the death in the womb.

You worship a very small god

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

No need to be personal cofty. Just bringing balance to the amount of suffering you like to portray.

• cofty
    cofty

I am not being personal. My remark was about your god not about you.

Just bringing balance to the amount of suffering you like to portray.

We haven't even got started yet.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

It is about me because if I am correct then he is not my God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit