Theists, why does God allow suffering..

by The Quiet One 754 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Did, running before the fall of man, If it is a fact that pain and suffering existed, make my money grow? My answer is know

Do English you work how know?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Do English you work how know?

What do you mean?

• cofty
    cofty
    What do you mean?

I think that was the implied question.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

I spend a lot of time thinking of what to post, then writing it in a hopefully clear and understandable manner, and your response is: "Did, running before the fall of man, If it is a fact that pain and suffering existed, make my money grow? My answer is know" ...????

If I could charge you with 'contempt of this thread', I would do so. I'm through with this, you are wasting time and thread space. Don't know why I bothered.

• Village Idiot
  • Viviane
    Viviane

You, wonderful man, win a chicken dinner.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Maybe. But there is no way to understand what she wrote.
    There is a way to understand.my posts without an explanation from me: First cofty,my post was a response to DOT, who broadly seemed to. It was not directed at V.
    make my money grow? My answer is know
    Anyone that took the time to read my post about counting my money 3 times (measured it with an engineer's scale) should understand, I hope, that that is how one knows something with certainty versus believing something.The (fact?) that pain and suffering existed before sin does not change anything that I know. Facts do change beliefs as I demonstrated in my story about the bank teller but facts do not change something one knows or has measured (money short + fact does not equal money grow). That is what was implied in "my answer is know."

• cofty
    cofty
    The fact that pain and suffering existed before sin does not change anything that I know

Yes it does. It proves that your previously held excuse for animal suffering is contradicted by reality.

That is something you now know that previously you didn't know.

• cofty
    cofty
    counting my money 3 times (measured it with an engineer's scale)

Why would you count money with a scale? Do you use a ruler as an egg timer?

• prologos
    prologos

defender of truth: re animal suffering: in the natural world, In predation, the animal would be dead before the numbing effect of the hormones that are triggered by terror wear off. In all my terror moments, falling 18 feet at age 80, going under a truck with my motorcycle at age 20, even cutting my leg with a skil saw, and so on, I never felt any initial pain. The question of the cancerous dog, in the natural world it would be quickly identified and devoured because of it's weakness, before chronic pain would set in. Evolution allowed pain relief for escape action from predation, adding euthanasia (a good death) as a bonus (in most cases). Seconds of terror possibly painless,-- to pay for years of joy? a fair bargain.

Anyway, that what nature shows, and as a deist, believing that the works we live in are the result of work, I am comfortable with that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit