Theists, why does God allow suffering..

by The Quiet One 754 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cofty
    cofty

Whenindoubt - I hope everybody on this forum and hundreds of lurkers read your post.

This is the depths of intellectual dishonesty that theists will resort to when faced with reality.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    The one sided argument suggest that all creation was made to fail. The heavenly god depicted in the bible does not reflect that.

That's exactly the story portrayed in the Bible. The God there is capricious, bloody and loves him some baby penis. Also, the rest of your post is somewhere in la-la land.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Running from the fall of man, the reason for pain and suffering, the Bible seems to write -the ruler.

What I am considering is, running before the fall of man, IF it is a fact that pain and suffering existed, why should God cause it.
  • Caedes
    Caedes
    Because the bible states that your god created it obviously. Your god purposely designed it that way.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

purposely designed it that way.

Caedes, your logic seems irrefutable except that it contains an apparent intrinsic flaw: Why should God (4 intrinsic attributes) cause pain and suffering before a fall, caedes.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Your logic seems irrefutable except that it contains an apparent intrinsic flaw: Why should God (4 intrinsic attributes) cause pain and suffering before a fall.

Why would he after a fall? Why would he NOT include it before a fall? If God is perfectly loving, why does he punish creatures that had absolutely nothing to do with the fall? In what sense could that ever be described as perfectly loving?

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Fisherman: Perhaps the Bible God does not exist, and the Bible's description of his qualities are nothing more than the imaginings of men who died a very long time ago?

Perhaps the god you believe in did not curse anything after any kind of 'fall' due to any kind of 'sin', and he never designed anything in the first place.

Once you give up fighting to reconcile endless suffering, going back millions of years into the past before anybody had 'sinned', with the concept of a loving and just higher being that designed it all..

Then everything starts to make sense. Don't ignore evidence and logic just because you want to believe something. That's all.

• cofty
    cofty
    Then everything starts to make sense

^^^^ This ^^^^

• sir82
    sir82

Don't ignore evidence and logic just because you want to believe something.

This should be emblazoned on large banners and tacked above the door of every church, mosque, and Kingdom Hall in the world.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

DT

You seem to be ignoring my post that contrasts belief from knowledge. You know that I do not have to consider your commentary posted above. I am giving consideration to what seems to be a fact that you posted.

Some years ago, I went to the bank to withdraw cash to pay a creditor. After waiting on line, lots of people in front and lots of people behind me, I arrived at the teller's window and handed her the slip. I saw her prepare the money and I saw her measuring it with more than one instrument. She handed me the cash and a white envelope. At that moment, I thought of the restless people behind me. I also reasoned that since I saw her take the instrument reading and since never( this is not the first time I went to a bank to withdraw money) before did a bank teller ever make a mistake, I believed, putting all that in the white envelope she gave me, sealed it and I put the money in my pocket, walked away and left the bank and drove my car to see my creditor. When I arrived at my creditor, I went to his office, I sat down next to his desk, I opened the envelope and gave him the cash. He takes out his ruler, I saw him measure it and he tells me that it was not the correct size. I take out my engineering scale, I measured it once, twice, three times, and it was short. I started to reason what happened to the money that was missing. Did the teller make a mistake? Did my creditor take it somehow? I did know for sure. What I did know for sure is that when I took a reading with my instrument, not once, many times, I knew for a fact that the money was short.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit