Theists, why does God allow suffering..

by The Quiet One 754 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cofty
    cofty

that is the same as accusing God of not making a rope that only has one end

No its nothing like that at all. We are not talking about a logical impossibility.

It would have been trivially easy for an omnipotent creator to make a world where volcanoes and tsunamis did not kill millions of people.

He didn't. Therefore he is evil/imipotent/non-existent.

You decide.

• cofty
    cofty

life here is not supposed to be permanent.

Christian theists don't actually care very much about human life despite all their pro-life rhetoric.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

I think it is a case of logical impossibility. Evolution would not have made humans if it were not for environments that represented danger.

I’m also pro-choice, not pro-life and so is the bible incidentally, if it is any of them but that’s another topic.

• cofty
    cofty

So do you accept that the universe/planet/life/evolution have nothing to do with your god?

If so what is your god FOR?

If not he is evil or impotent.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

God to me is the bridge between infinite mathematics and finite physical reality. That’s what he is for in my view, what are you for?

• cofty
    cofty

God to me is the bridge between infinite mathematics and finite physical reality

So you worship an esoteric metaphor. Congratulations.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

If you want to think so cofty that is fine with me.

• cofty
    cofty

And in every place Jesus made known to all "the bridge between infinite mathematics and finite physical reality."

Modern christians have lost their nerve.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

God protects some and not others in order to give hope and faith to others if they want it.

What a bunch of hogwash that is! Are you going to use that same faulty logic to explain why some in the world are throwing away food while others are dying of starvation?

Perhaps go ask a few children dying of starvation in Africa if their faith and hope has been strenghtened, now that God has relegated them to dying because they have no bread or water.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Ha. "Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit