Still a hard line on DF family members WTApr15 2012

by Gladring 138 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jam
    jam

Turn the table on them. It depends on the type of

JW family members you have, hard liners or members

who will keep the line of communication open.

If your family members are hard liners and there is no

doubt they will drop you like A hot tin, then turn the table.

Inform the hard liners of your decision. It,s all about control.

You take control. You tell them I no longer want to be A JW.

If you can not except my decision please respect it by not

trying to contact me or my children. Mom and dad I love you,

but I will not answer or return any calls from you and please

do not try to communicate with your grandchildren.

If I received A letter like this from one of my daughters or sons,

I would be hurt as A JW. Remember it,s about control.

• Gladring
    Gladring

yourmomma said:

so, am I wrong to now think that the watchtower's shunning policy now equals scientology's...

Yep, you are wrong. It's not the Watchtower's policy - it's Jehovah's. I'd love to see this get publicity as another poster mentioned. Anyone with a brain can see through what they are trying to pull.

Azazel asked:

"Does this constitute a hate crime?"

I don't think so. They've worded it so carefully. They haven't instructed anyone to shun anyone else. They are merely expressing their "sincerely held religious beliefs" that God wishes them to shun. We all know that the rank and file believe they speak for God, and so in effect they have instructed believers to shun. But legally, I don't think there is anything that can be done to stop them printing this s***. It does add to the pile of hypocrisy to throw back in their faces though.

• Violia
    Violia

Yes, M, and supposedly it is all by Jah's direction. NOT! Anyone but a jws or a brain dead Fundy in similar religion would read what the wts wrote and be horrified.

A jws once told me her sister died and she said " she was like a sister to me" ( sister was not ever jws) I said "She WAS your sister." I sensed some thought at the loss of a relationship due to her not ever accepting the "truth".

• Gladring
    Gladring

Oh, and of course the anecdote itself is complete fiction.

• dozy
    dozy

I'm pretty skeptical of the experience as well.

Many of us here (faders & DFd / DAd) have been shunned by family members & the usual effect isn't that we have a burning desire to regain association with them. I suspect that our usual reaction to this deploring treatment is "stuff you" (or words to that effect) & we move on , making new & better friends & relationships. This would certainly be the case if there was no communication whatsoever , especially (like the man in this experience) we had made repeated efforts to engage with them.

A worrying trend in the WTBTS & a new harder line being taken.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    It,s all about control.
    You take control. You tell them I no longer want to be A JW.
    If you can not except my decision please respect it by not
    trying to contact me or my children. Mom and dad I love you,
    but I will not answer or return any calls from you and please
    do not try to communicate with your grandchildren.

I wouldn't normally agree with copying JW's own bad behaviour, but in this case you might have a point. If just for the sake of the sanity of the DFed person they may be better off taking the initiative in breaking off contact.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "The WTS is well known for fighting in courts worldwide to protect freedom of religion and association. ..." Azazel

No.

That's the "public relations" gloss over the gigantic lie.

The Watchtower Society has NEVER fought to protect "freedom of religion"; they've ONLY fought for THEIR organization's version of "religion"...

The fact that others have profited from this, is purely accidental. [And I wonder just how many other cults have had THEIR evil way made easier, by the self-serving actions of the Watchtower Corporation...??? ]

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

" Think of that if you are ever
    tempted to violate God’s command not
    to associate with your disfellowshipped
    relatives. "

That last line sounds like a threat.

• arko_n9ne
    arko_n9ne

betcha solid money that the guy who missed his family at night was 10 when he was disfellowshipped.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Ok, so let's gives them that his family's love was a motivating factor in his coming back. what if the situation were the opposite? If his enitre family walkehissay from the truth? Should love for family play in part in his associating with them? If not, then what does loving your family have to do with coming back to JWS?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit