WTS successfully counters claims it is a "false prophet"

by trthskr 87 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

I am going to say this very simply, just as you succintly respond every rebuttal. The website claims JW's never claimed to be prophets. The website claims that if you claim you are not a prophet, you can speculate all you like and still not be considered a false prophet. The other part of the arguement is that many christians outside the JW's predicted an end to the world.

My answer is simple. They were all false prophets. Even Jesus. He said it would come in his lifetime. I didn't. You aren't looking for reality, you just want the WT to give you the answer to all of life's problems. Life doesn't work that way. Grow up.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Mankelli Just so you can look at his nonsense, before posting your own. This is me being helpful.

• wobble
    wobble

WMF, you are spot on, Damn Troll.

The only good thing is that as has been said before, all the true stuff posted here (above) by us 'poztates will hit an honest hearted JW right betweenthe eyes !

Manky/trthrejector has done more to expose the WT as frauds and liers than if he had kept quiet.

I think he is really on our side.

• cedars
    cedars

A final nail in the coffin, courtesy of www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk:

w72 4/1 p.197 ‘They Shall Know that a Prophet Was Among Them’

However, Jehovah did not let the people of Christendom, as led by the clergy, go without being warned that the League was a counterfeit substitute for the real kingdom of God. He had a “prophet” to warn them. This “prophet” was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah’s Christian witnesses. They are still proclaiming a warning, and have been joined and assisted in their commissioned work by hundreds of thousands of persons who have listened to their message with belief.

Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a “prophet” of God. It is another thing to prove it. The only way that this can be done is to review the record. What does it show?

Cedars

• sizemik
    sizemik

these writers consistently attack Jehovah’s Witnesses and actively seek anything that could possibly be used to discredit them - including many things published more than 100 years ago!

I love the cognitive dissonance here . . . this religion will have you examine in detail and adhere rigidly to the doctrines of 2000 year old "prophets", but their own utterences by the "modern day prophet" have an expiry date of less than 100 years.

They clearly want the exclusive status of being God's modern day prophet . . . without the accountability. Bit childish really.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

these writers consistently attack Jehovah’s Witnesses and actively seek anything that could possibly be used to discredit them - including many things published more than 100 years ago!

...their own utterences by the "modern day prophet" have an expiry date of less than 100 years.

While they complain about people searching into their own past, Jehovah's Witnesses themselves will delve many hundreds of years, even thousands of years, into the past of other religous grops to discredit them. For example the Catholic Church's crusades and inquisitions, even though no longer practiced, and long since apologized for, are used to discredit the RCC.

This another example of Watchtower's double standards

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I think maybe there was a punctuation error in the title of this threat.

Should have been: WTS 'successfully' counters claims it is a false prophet.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Trthskr.

On the web page the Watchtower of October 15th 1966 is mentioned in regard to being specific as to what is going to happen between then and 1975

If we go to the paragraph just before (Watchtower October 15th 1966) it talks about God's rest day (The seventh creative day I believe) it says.

"Does it mean that God's rest day began 4026 BCE? It could have. The Life Everlasting book does not say it did not. It merely presents the chronology."

In the Watchtower August 15th 1968 in the article "Why are you looking forward to 1975" after discussing the 6000 years from Adams creation and how we add the figures up. It tells us that Adams creation was not the beginning of the 7th creative day. On page 500 it tells us.

"This time between Adam's creation and the beginning of the seventh day, the day of rest, let it be noted, neeed not have been a long time. It could have been a short one."

"So the lapse of time between Adam's creation and the end of the six creative day, though unknown, was a comparatively short period of time."

This was an article almost two years later.

When we got to 1974. "God's Eternal Purpose Now Triumphing For Man's Good" was published and studied at the bookstudy 14th Jan 1975 according to the notations made in the copy I have.

Page 51 The subheading "Evening" of seventh Creative "day" begins, 4026 B.C.E." Page 131 Subheading "Morning" of seventh Creative "day" begins, 526 B.C.E.

I understood the truth, the light gets brighter as we get nearer and it seemed from this that I was being told the 7th creative day had started in 4026 BCE and that the 7th day was 7000 years long by telling me when it started and when we were at the half way point.

In order for the 7th day to end as blessed we would have to have 1000years of Christs reign after the Great Tribulation as the book on page 190 says

"By the fulfillment of God's "eternal purpose that he formed in connection with the Christ, Jesus our Lord." God's Seventh creative "day will end up blessed, sacred, sanctified."

I think that when we got to 1974/75 as we were studing this publication it seemed to indicated by giving 4026 BCE as the start of the 7th creative day that within months the Great Tribulation would strike.

Otherwise we would not have a half way date of 526 BCE and a 7000year creative day with the last 1000years being the reign of Christ. Which seems quite specific to me.

What do you think Trthskr maybe I'm misreading it?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I think trthskr has checked out!

• designs
    designs

Russell and Franz were smoking whatever Bishop Ussher was smoking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit