WTS successfully counters claims it is a "false prophet"

by trthskr 87 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Riiight, because right now, we are living in paradise. All those who saw 1914 also saw the great tribulation and they got raptured right up. It was pretty cool to see.

At this very moment, I am wearning Khaki's and a short sleeve buttoned up shirt, and I am with my beautiful JW wife Bathsheba, who is 256 but looks 22. We keep our pet lion Montgomery in the back yard to play with Fluffy, our black sheep.

Right now, I am getting ready to go to the resurrection center to welcome back the next batch the 144,000 approved to be raised up from the 13th century. Should be a good day.

Oh yeah, we are almost through cleaning up what was left of the old system of things. The burial of 7 billion people sort of sucked, but it's a good thing that those birds Jesus sent had a healthy appetite. Carcasses must taste great!

I am sooooo glad that what the Watchtower said regarding 1914 and the generation that saw it came true. I am so glad that they didn't have to change it. I am so glad that Armageddon came in 1975. Otherwise, I wouldn't be in paradise right now.

(please note the heavy sarcasm)

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Not so many birds where we live, so we used antimatter rays to clean up the bodies-- works really well!

Hey, is that Jimi Hendrix?!?

• cantleave
    cantleave

It was a joy to see the Abraham, Issac and the other faithful men of old, taking residence in Beth Sarim in 1925.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I am just happy that MILLIONS who lived to hear Rutherfords speech in 1919 didn't die! They lived right through Armageddon in 1975.

I will be back in a minute. King David is here, I guess to catch up with Bathsheba. I am not worried that those two are Jonesing for each other, they are perfect! Or close enough to it.

By the way, King David loves what used to be San Diego. It's WAY better than the middle east.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

...King David loves what used to be San Diego. It's WAY better than the middle east.

All those olive trees and palm trees that Judge Rutherford planted at Beth-Sarim, to make King David feel right at home, worked!

What an insightful man the Judge was...or still is...he got resurrected didn't he...I think he's around here somewhere. Probably out joy riding in the King's Cadillac.

• ziddina
    ziddina

AW HAW HAW HAW!!!

You people crack me up!!

laughing cat

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Actually, how would it be possible to 'counter' such claims, other than by careful examination of the facts of what they have said, when, etc?

It is very easy to deny things, not such an easy matter to 'successfully counter' such - and tens of thousands of educated posters, quoting Watchtower statements, over many years have long shown them to be what they are. Watchtower pundits with an agenda of apology, have shown themselves very unable to do so. This poster will do no better - especially when he does not seem capable of mounting an argument of any stature, under this moniker or any other. So far at least.

Bring it!

Jeff

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

again, this clown posts a jw apologist site as if it just came out and has not been debunked. LOL

here we go with the same cycle that has been going on and on and on here, a jw apologist will come here, get their arguments destroyed, start posting less and less, then finally disapear.

but whats cool is sometimes they come back and admit its all bullshit and they apologise. remember bane? i always wonder who is the next bane. i know alot of the jw's like trhseaker when they finally admit to themselves the watchtower is false, they keep it to themselves, it takes a real honorable person to come back here and admit they were wrong. thats why i have a ton of respect for batzwana (aka bane).

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

The Watchtower has claimed itself to be "Jehovah's modern-day prophet" in the 01/01/1978 issue of the Watchtower page 22 paragraph 18, the quote below comes from the WT Lib 2011:

But their real refuge lies in Jehovah’s provision through Christ. He sends to them the modern-day Jeremiah class, with a message that means their salvation. No, the safety of such “Jonadabs” is not to be found in broken-down Christendom, but squarely on the side of Jehovah’s modern-day “prophet.”

This same idea is repeated over and over again, I mention just a few below. In the WT of 15 December 2007, Page 28 par 4, Highlights From the Book of Malachi, the society says it is the "modern-day counterpart" of prophet Elijah.

In the Watchtower of 15 November 2004, Page 14, par 19, article, Speak God's Word With Boldness", it says Jehovah's Witnesses are "modern-day Amaziahs". Amaziah was a prophet.

In the Watchtower of 15 April 1995, page 23 paragraphs 14 & 15 of the article, "The Day That Burns Like a Furnace", Par. 14 asks the question: "Who is that modern-day Elijah?". Par 15 gives the answer: "Thus “Elijah” is identified as the faithful and discreet slave class of anointed Christians on earth, to whom the Master, Jesus, has entrusted all His belongings."

But the best one is "Jeremiah class", putting this word in the WT Lib, gives you 670 references, 616 are in the Watchtower. 26 references are from 2010-2011. If the Society has said more than 300 times it is doing the same as prophet Jeremiah did, then what more do you need to accept that the Society indeed wrote many many times it is a modern-day prophet? (whether that is true is another discussion)

Hoffnung

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The JW religion is made up of pretentious lies to self identify itself out in the world but when you look closely what is has self professed

just about all of it was maligned bullshit to create attention to its published works., as well to empower the men at the top.

The WTS/JWS has been a commercial religious publishing house for over a 125 years.

Someone with average intelligence should be able to realize this RIGHT ? trthskr

That web site is full of the WTS. deceivingly lying about their false prophecies.

As a quote from the WTS. themselves. " Millions Now Living Will Never Die ! "

The WTS. is commercial fraud made superimposed to be something it obviously is not, but thats the way they've sold

millions of pieces of literature by being just that, a fraud.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit