Do YOU Believe That JWs Have A Huge Problem With Pedophiles?

by minimus 120 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Can I have a reference to the above statement. It wouldn't surprise me that was factual but as far as I know the above number is only allegation.....Diamondiiz

Go to the JWN search Engine..

Type in:

jr brown Jw pedophile data base

......................;-)...OUTLAW

• still thinking
    still thinking

I don't think the problem is worse in JW land...but just as bad as in society in general...

The PROBLEM as I see it, is that the WTS protects known pedophiles...in that way they CAN be compared to what the catholic church did.

They are, and should be held responsible for their role in encouraging this horrendous offence against innocent children.

As a study, I was lead to believe that JWs could be TRUSTED, this leads to a VERY false sense of security, people let their guards down. Of course it's different there, not like being in 'THE WORLD"..this is Gods organisation...you are safe.

I am so relieved I didn't get baptised and more involved and put my children in more unnecessary risk than in "the world" at least there, I know that it's not safe and keep aware of the risks.

• minimus
    minimus

Flipper, I appreciate your comments. Keep in mind, I'm not minimizing pedophilia. I think it's terrible. I think rape is terrible too. And I will say that drug abuse and thievery is terrible too but not as bad. And I think premeditated murder is worse than any of these things too.

• flipper
    flipper

MINMIUS- I understand that you don't minimize child abuse. I'm just putting out information that I know about from research and talking to victims of child abuse myself. Some of whom are dear friends on the board here. As regards premeditated murder being worse than felony child abuse ? If you ask some victims of child abuse- they may disagree with that. When a child is raped or abused sexually- it's as if their soul IS murdered inside. Because the felony child abuse is also premeditated in most cases . It's a good thread for open discussion for sure

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Outlaw, if you're referring to this:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/child-abuse/62490/1/Interesting-Link-on-Pedophile-Database

I don't know how that would stand in court of law. I would call this an allegation and not a fact. While I'm not saying it's not possible as the number may be bigger or smaller just that receiving information from a third unknown source(may be known to Bill but unknown to rest of us) makes this information an allegation IMO and not a fact. I couldn't honestly use that document as a factual reference. If there is another document you've got, let me know.

• minimus
    minimus

And I know of many who have been helped to get through their abuse and are very glad that they have a second chance.

I know of someone who's son has been an abuser. When she's been on this board she has felt horrible because of the vehemence that some have toward these sick individuals. Still this sick individual is her son. She has expressed sadness that he has this twisted desire. I believe he's been getting help. There's no known cure. It's a very sad situation for all involved. I seriously doubt most pedophiles think that what they do is normal. I'm sure there are those that do think it is all normal. And such ones should be destroyed !Armageddon style).

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Diamondiiz..

Ya..theres a bunch like that..if you type in what I showed you..

All with verying bits of info..

The numbers go from 23,000+ to 27,000+

I actually saw the JR Brown interview on 5th estate..

Many years ago..

I`d love to get the transcript from that..

......................;-)...OUTLAW

• Violia
    Violia

M, sex abusers can repent and turn around- they just have a very low rate of success. even if they did they should not be near children ever again. Unfortunately if a child is not helped after he/she has been molested, they can go on the be abusers of children or women themselves. One might say it is b/c of the way they are treated ( the molesters ), but not until the 80's did anyone even give a thought about date rape. Incest was often a hidden shame, and rape was the burden of the victim. Men are upset now b/c they are being held accountable for their crimes- where previously they were not. There are different classes of abusers and I really feel the system is changing so as to no label a teenage boy who went to far with his gf the same as a molester who grooms and molests children.

I believe in Christian forgiveness too and know anyone can turn around from even that kind of sin, but we have to consider the victim first. They are the ones who will live with this the rest of their lives. Victims must be protected first and if we can help the perps , fine.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

They had a huge problem. I think they have changed enough and got some wake-up calls that they will no longer have a HUGE problem. Every eldesr school has and will continue to feature this problem in the Judicial section etc. I think in time the " 2 witness" rule will change too.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I have only been in 8 halls in 3 states, so it is impossible to state any "Numbers" opinion factually. But while discussing this subject with JWs who had been in law enforcement and served as servants, the JW concepts of "NO HELL" and "WORKS" ( ie EARNING SALVATION THROUGH WORKS) seemed to attract individuals battling private demons...who liked a belief system allowing them to do Penance for slip-ups.

The very act of going door to door INVITING parolees to our meetings full of children and single moms while "LOVE BOMBING" them may add to the problem. ( I have never heard of a parolee admit to being a baby raper if he could avoid it.) A couple of low rent trailer parks in isolated areas nearby, get worked frequently in service because JWs with kids place A LOT of MAGAZINES in them..(.these parks are dumping grounds for released parolees and molesters! ). I believe the WAY JWs seek members increases the likelyhood of attracting pedophiles. A poor single mom at the door with a pack of children is irresistible to a pedophile. Some have been held up as "Wonderful brothers" who have "taken on the responsibility of marrying destitute sisters with many children"....... Only many years later does the truth comes out about molestation and incest.

The Wiki article: "Several researchers have reported correlations between pedophilia and certain psychological characteristics, such as low self-esteem [ 53 ] [ 54 ] and poor social skills. [ 55 ] Cohen et al. (2002), studying child sex offenders, states that pedophiles have impaired interpersonal functioning and elevated passive-aggressiveness, as well as impaired self-concept. Regarding disinhibitory traits, pedophiles demonstrate elevated psychopathy and propensity for cognitive distortions. According to the authors, pathologic personality traits in pedophiles lend support to a hypothesis that such pathology is related to both motivation for and failure to inhibit pedophilic behavior."

A few years ago I tried and tried to no avail to influence some adult child victims and parents to bring civil suit or testify on behalf of other victims against a particulary egregious longtime JW perp. They refused!!! Out of childhood fears, and FEAR OF DISFELLOWSHIPING BY THE WTBS. Four parents and half a dozen kids. Incredible.....how could anyone not think this is a problem within the JW CULT ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit