Do YOU Believe That JWs Have A Huge Problem With Pedophiles?

by minimus 120 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• minimus
    minimus

I don't think there are more pedophiles in the religion than there are in others.

I understand that one is too many. But I think some believe that it's an epidemic within the Organization. I believe their 2 witness rule can help pedophiles secretly abuse kids.

But I don't think that this particular crime dominates those in the religion.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I agree with you, one pedophile is too many, and the 2 witness rule is ridiculous for managing such a problem. Ooops, I take that back! The 2 witness rule is perfect when it comes to managing the problem and making it difficult for proper authorities, you know those same authorities such as Caeser that we're supposed to be in subjection to, because God lets them remain in such a position. The 2 Witness rule is inadequate to handle the problem of pedophilia. I mean whoever heard of a pedophile that commits the act for witnesses to see?

I will say though that some on here overstate the problem of pedophilia in the organization. Let them tell it every congregation has one, and elder bodies are dying to turn a blind eye.

• minimus
    minimus

Of course, Silentlambs and their supporters will vehemently disagree.

• Londo111
    Londo111

My personal feeling is that I do not think it is any more prevalent than anywhere else. Then again, I have no hard data to make a decision on that.

I feel the problem is the Organization is so concerned about appearances and how it might look to potential members and other outsiders if such reports were made public. The Organization's concern over maintaining the image of superior morality and "that kind of thing rarely happens in our religion" overrides common sense. In the end, sweeping matters under the carpet had the exact opposite effect.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Not particularly, I just think their zeal to protect the image of the org is greater than their zeal to protect children - which is all wrong.

• Londo111
    Londo111

And it should be noted too that the average faith Witness views such things as very abhorrent and has no desire to tolerate such a practice. The problem has always been the Hierarchy, the same as in any "Top-Down" human dictatorship.

• minimus
    minimus

The fact is---JWs are no different than any other religion. Unless they get caught, they simply deny or blame the victim or the media for persecuting them.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

I don't think there are more pedophiles in the religion than there are in others.

No doubt that's true, but that really isn't the point of paedophilia among JWs. The WTS has printed much material condemning other religious groups, especially Catholics, for pedophiles that exist in them. At the same time the Organization was covering up it's own problem with child molestors.

The WTS insists that Jehovah's Witnesses enjoy a spiritual paradise that no other religion on earth has, that it's people are being protected by Jehovah.

The reality is, they are no different. There is no spiritual paradise. There is no special protection.

The Watchtower's cover up of it's own pedophiles was for no other reason than to promote it's own 'public image.' The organization doesn't care about people, not even children. It only cares about it's own growth, prosperity, and success as a religion. People are simply used to achieve that goal.

People find this objectionable because of the extreme hypocrisy involved, not because of the total number of pedophiles.

• minimus
    minimus

I do believe that there is a camp that believes the Organization is FILLED with pedophiles.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

This organization being full of people is not the issue. The fact that some of the people are slime isn't even the issue. To expect perfection is foolhardy. The issue is how pedophiles are dealt with. The 2 witness rule protects the pedophile, the child in question must face his accuer to make an accusation(how terrifying is that?), it comes down to he said she said. The issue is the cover ups, the failing to report to the police, even when its "ceasars law" to do so. All of the cards are against the victim. That's the issue.

The abuse both by the pedophile AND the organization is most vile with children, because they are truly the most helpless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit