Do YOU Believe That JWs Have A Huge Problem With Pedophiles?

by minimus 120 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• undercover
    undercover

The have a huge problem, not based on the numbers of abusers, past or present...but because they continue to stick their head in the sand and refuse to do anything substantial about it.

Buying off, er, settling lawsuits with clauses clamping the mouths of the reciepients of the money is not how you deal with the problem. That's covering up.

If they were serious about protecting children and exposing wrongdoing they would change policies and procedures.

The fact that they don't, based on some misplaced belief that they are God's Earthly Organization, is what makes this a huge problem. No, it may not be on the scale of the Catholic church, or on the scale that Bill Bowen would like you to believe, but the fact that it continues with no real overhaul of a broken system makes them culpable.

Whether one child is victimized or thousands, or whether one abuser gets away or thousands...the inadequate policies of the WTS make this a situation that will not get better over time, but get worse. And if the potential exists for things to get worse instead of improve, it's a huge problem.

• Glander
    Glander

Lady Lee - pls check your PM

• minimus
    minimus

I don't recall the supposed amount that Silentlambs suggests have been molested but it was a large amount. I've already expressed that the Society's views are totally wrong. Needing 2 witnesses is wrong, the fact that the potential for abuse is greater to have suggests a problem with the organization.

Still, I don't believe the NUMBERS that Silentlambs and others have come up with.

If I asked, Do YOU believe JWS have a HUGE problem with Scammers and Thieves In the Organization?, my answer would be the same. There ARE scammers and thieves and the WT. Society may fit that bill too, but it's not a HUGE problem. Have some been adversely affected/ Sure.

Do You Believe Elders Are A Huge Problem As Dirty Old Men In Judicial Cases? I don't think it's a HUGE problem but I believe some elders might be like that and that some have experienced it firsthand. But I don't think it's a HUGE problem, either.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

This is a Gross Thread..

It minimizes a horrible problem..

The WBT$ admits to 23000+ pedophiles on its data base..

The WBT$ is just so much better than eveyone else,so they say..

They need to be held to the standard they set for themselves..

Now you want to toss in Scammers/Theives and Dirty Elders..

They`re not a problem either?..

You miss the point..

The WBT$ sets themselves above everyone..

You don`t excuse them for being like everyone else..

You measure them by their own moral yardstick..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

I get a kick out of some you. I think you miss the point. No one's excusing them. The ORGANIZATION is the problem, no question in almost EVERYTHING they get involved in.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Minimus:

I still think the answer to your original post is YES, regardless of the numbers because it is not about numbers. Perhaps you should have asked the question differently or a different question altogether.

The other questions you ask are equally as serious as far as I am concerned, regardless of the fact that many will not be touched by these problems (scammers and dirty old men on judicial cases). Tell me, are you still active in this religion because I get the sense that you are and even sympathize or have the mentality? (Forgive me if I am wrong).

All in all, regardless of whether or not everybody is touched by these problems, the plain fact is that there are too many predatory types in the religion for any sensible person to think they can ever let down their guard! Thank heavens I am the paranoid type.

• minimus
    minimus

LHG, I forgive you. I think the religion is a fraud and although I know some decent people who are Witnesses, like my mother and a few others, I believe the Witnesses are a waste in every imaginable way.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Okay, minimus. What is the appropriate number of pedophiles required for it to be rightly considered a huge problem? Since that is the only barometer by which you seem to be measuring.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

OP...... I don't think there are more pedophiles in the religion than there are in others......Minimus

No one's excusing them.....Minimus

You did just that in your opening post..

Point to a Pedophile Problem in the WBT$/JWs..

A JW will say "What about the Catholics?..

The WBT$/JW`s set themselves above everyone else..

Thats how they should be Judged..

....................;-)...OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

Please re-read my FIRST statement on page 1 of this thread. Once again, you too are missing the point as I outlined it right from the beginning. (Just read it. It's right there).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit