Do YOU Believe That JWs Have A Huge Problem With Pedophiles?

by minimus 120 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• minimus
    minimus

Pedophiles, fornicators, drug abusers, thieves, etc. exist in the religion too but because the lilly white Witnesses have them doesn't make it a HUGE problem. You folks (some) are suggesting that because they judge everyone as being no good worldy sinners, that they are WORSE than everyone else in regard to pedophiles and I say THAT thinking is dumb.

Let the fireworks begin.

• undercover
    undercover

...suggesting that because they judge everyone as being no good worldy sinners, that they are WORSE than everyone else in regard to pedophiles and I say THAT thinking is dumb

It doesn't make their class of pedophiles any worse than the Catholic pedophiles or Jerry Sandusky...but it does prove the the WTS/JWs do not have a spiritual paradise where they are free from such evil.

To assert that they are above the world, as they do, creates a false sense of security among their believers. Which in turn creates a pedo paradise where predators can more easily target their victims.

In that way, they are worse than many other organizations, though not all.

The Catholic church is reluctantly changing. Penn State is changing. The WTS...not so much. Which is worse?

• minimus
    minimus

The Watchtower, like the Church and Penn change when they get caught. These other institutions have known for years what's been happening and have turned a blind eye. Their maker will judge them, in my opinion, as He will with the Watchtower. (And of course the WT. are two faced asses. That goes without saying but it has nothing to with my initial assertion on the first page.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Fair enough..Lets re-read the OP..

I don't think there are more pedophiles in the religion than there are in others.

So What?..

Thats the same excuse I can get from any JW.. "What about the Catholics?"..

It minimises the problem.. "Don`t look at us..Look at them!"..

I understand that one is too many. But I think some believe that it's an epidemic within the Organization..

Is a problem thats not taken care of,a good thing?..

"Ya sure we hide our Pedophiles but it`s not really a big problem.."

I believe their 2 witness rule can help pedophiles secretly abuse kids.

Agreed..

But I don't think that this particular crime dominates those in the religion.

Once again you minimise the problem..

"Not everyone is a Pedophile,some are thieves/scammers and Dirty Elders"..

"We try to keep the problems as quiet as possible."

Everything is hidden in the WBT$/JW cult..

Stuff problems under the carpet as Quickly as possible..

Thats why the problems remain..

Your doing the same thing..

"WBT$/JW problems are no big deal..Look at everyone else.."

Thats the exact same way the WBT$ handles it`s affairs..

And..

It does nothing to help the Honest JW..

......................;-)...OUTLAW

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

I think you miss the point here, minimus. Lumping Catholics, other religions, scammers thieves etc. together is not the same as the pedophile issue in the WTBTS. They have a HUGE problem in the way they handle the ones molested. Not only will the elders protect organizationally the perpetrator, if the elders are other elders ara related to the perpetrator, invested in keeping it from getting out. Also if the perp decides to move to another congregation in the circuit, he can do it with the confidentiality of his elder family members. Also the WT legal is invested in keeping the accuser from being believed. There is also the issue of the fact that if there are lots of family memebers banding together in favor of the pedophile they are backed by WT secrecy to keep the accuser from exposing the perp. WT's problem in the way it deals with all the issues is Huge because it is what it is.

Shana

• minimus
    minimus

All my statements revolved around numbers, as you clearly showed. I don't believe there are tons of JWs who are pedos in the congregations. I don't think pedophilia dominates the religion in terms of numbers. In that case, I don't think it's a pedophile's paradise IN TERMS OF NUMBERS! I'll say it again, one pedophile within our midst is too many....There I go talking about numbers afain.

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

Lets just say for the sake of arguement that there is one pediphile for every ten congragations. How many lives will be screwed given how many congregations there are? Is one in ten too many? Lets say there only one pediphile in the entire world in JW midst, is one too many? Now lets suppose that one pedophile is being protected by the rules and continues to victumizing more children. Cant you see the problem. It is the protection they recieve which allows them to keep on abusing children while in good standing. Hello!

• minimus
    minimus

Life, of course i know that. ( You'd think I'm defending pedophiles, now)??? ....btw, I don't believe there are 1 in each Hall and those that I was aware of were not protected by anyone in the congregation., for the sake of argument.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

OUTLAW: The WBT$ admits to 23000+ pedophiles on its data base..

There are over 107,000 JW congregations with a database of 23,000 + pedophiles; that translates roughly to 1 child molester for every 4 congregations. Thats' huge!

The GB needs to come up with a "JW Sex Offender Registry" of its' own!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    All my statements revolved around numbers, as you clearly showed.
    I don't believe there are tons of JWs who are pedos in the congregations.....Minimus

Thats your defence?.. Build a Straw Man then tear it down?..

The WBT$ admits to 23,000+ pedophiles in the WBT$ data base..Thats just the ones they caught..

No one has said there are tons of Pedophiles..

1 or 2 per congregation will do..Maybe skip a few congregations..

Everyone knows someone in another congregation..Pedophiles will make their rounds..

Then combine that with protecting pedophiles and keeping their identities secret..

With the threat of DF for causing division in the congregation..

Thats not a Problem?..

......................;-)...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit