"Feeling sorry for yourself" about being hit by your husband is not Christian 2/15/12 WT Page 25 P 12

by yourmomma 449 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Mary, Yeah! Let's start posting copies of damning evidence like this and leave them in doctor's offices, billboards at grocery stores, libraries...

Way to go Cedars!

We should scan this page and forward it to as many Women's Rights groups as possible. Something tells me they wouldn't take too kindly that millions of women in one group are being told that they should stay with an abusive husband because he might convert one day.
  • Violia
    Violia

It seems to me that religion in general is extremely concerned with keeping women under control. Women must be in submission and quiet. What in the h*ll are they afraid of?

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

BWA HAHAHAHA!!!! You do not know the power of the women folk!

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Thank you Cedars!

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "This magazine is not promoting or condoning men hitting their husbands..."

Okaaaay, now, that is the ONLY downside I can see, to legislating gay marriage as legal in America...

• cedars
    cedars

Well I don't know if anything will come of it. I just approached it from the angle of a concerned JW who isn't happy with the rhetoric of the organization's leadership on such sensitive issues. It's in the interests of charities such as those I contacted to have these matters brought to their attention, so that they can expose material that excuses or minimises the conduct that they are against. We'll see what happens. Watch this space!

Cedars

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Poopsie squeeze for Cedars!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

To Insearchoftruth, I'm sorry to say it's you. You should have heard Judge Rutherfords "Women are just a hank of hair and a bag of bones".

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

What a pile of Horse Shit. To think I ever held out hope they might someday change their ways, drag themselves into the 20th century (at minimum, the 21 might be too much to ask) and become Christ like.

This is a re-hash of the old 60s "Sister So-n-so endured getting beat and thrown in the snow for years..but won her husband over."

Damm I am glad I left.

• Violia
    Violia

Damn straight , balaamsass

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit