Out Of All JW Beliefs Which Is The Weirdest?

by minimus 150 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

That you will be disfellowshipped for smoking because it is bad for you is pretty weird. Ever see a fat JW pounding down doughnuts?

• Think About It
    Think About It
    That god's chosen , final message would come via factually incorrect, badly illustrated, childlike publications hidden in laundromats.

That is awesome.

Think About It

• james_woods
    james_woods

All weird ones of course - but I always go back to this one:

Suddenly, one day in the late 1960s, the WTBTS decided that the human heart could think (like a second brain) and it could act as a "bad brain" which would guide a christian into immorality if they did not overcome it with their head brain.

They actually had parts on the district assemblies in about 1970 with heart and brain props to explain this to the enthralled masses.

The teaching seems to have been remediated by the 1980s.

• unshackled
    unshackled

This is not exclusive to JWs...but thinking the story of Noah's Ark literally happened is both weird and absurd.

• minimus
    minimus

That ONLY JWs will make it as opposed to 99.99% of the world's population.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George
    That ONLY JWs will make it as opposed to 99.99% of the world's population.

In harmony with this, JWs preaching that soon relief will come in the form of God's Kingdom, for those that are oppressed, afflicted, hungry, sick, etc.. The crazy part is, the relief will be that these ones will be destroyed. I can't tell you how many times I've heard older JWs go on about how bad the world is, and how people need relief, yet at the same time they either forget, or conveniently forget that all of those who are sufferring and have have not converted into JWs, will be destroyed. I just got back from lunch, and when I had stepped on the elevator to take me to another set of elevators, a blind man almost walked off. I asked him where he was headed, and I directed him there. Then I walked him to the next set of elevators and guided him to the 11th floor. Later on I got to thinking, this guy is without sight, and you would think the Kingdom hope would be of comfort to him, but unfortunately if he doesn't find agreement with 607, or who the Faithful & Discreet Slave is, or what Paul meant by abstaining from blood, well then, the Kingdom hope will mean nothing to him because he'll be destroyed along with anyone else who disagrees. I have to say that makes absolutely zilch sense.

• Iconoclast
    Iconoclast

You rock George. That was an awesome thing to do. I asked an old lady if I could help her with her huge bags at the grocery store recently but she looked at me scared, like I was going to murder her and steal her Chrysler.

You know what irks me? When you ask questions about all of these things above and you get the "Must have faith" line or "if you keep up this type of talk, you'll be labeled as an apostate" line. Or the almighty "wait on the organization/Jehovah" line.

• undercover
    undercover

Good list so far. One that always stands out to me as pretty damn loopy is the seven resolutions made during WT conventions during the 20s are the seven trumpet blasts of Revelation.

• undercover
    undercover

Another one: That man has only been in existence for a little over 6,000 years

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Good list so far. One that always stands out to me as pretty damn loopy is the seven resolutions made during WT conventions during the 20s are the seven trumpet blasts of Revelation.

And not one of the witnesses today could tell you what was SAID in each of those trumpet blasts - let alone any non-witness who were supposed to hear the "mighty trumpet blasts"...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit