Out Of All JW Beliefs Which Is The Weirdest?

by minimus 150 Replies latest jw friends

• Think About It
    Think About It

Throwing rice at a wedding is the Devil?

Think About It

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

ShirleyW that is so true. Different parts of the country or the world have their own strange JW customs.

We had some sisters in our congregation from Norway. Their family still lived out there. Once after meeting we all went out for a drink. The sisters said in Norway, and in alot of parts in Europe, they toast before a drink. It's traditional and has nothing to do with religious thinking. They also thought that most JW's in America had a stick up their butt

• undercover
    undercover

: "I know someone who went to the KHall in Baltimore in the 70's and 80's and during a wedding reception the Dubs didn't believe in playing records at the reception, what scripture did they get that frorm?"

That's not so much a belief as it is a local custom/rule/prohibition. I used to DJ JW gatherings, including weddings, using tapes, records and CDs. Not that it was night club/disco worthy, but it was recorded, worldly music (censored by the elders, of course)

In my area, hired DJs or live bands were frowned on for gatherings/receptions. Don't invite any kind of worldliness into the affair. JW DJs were under the thumb of the elders and they could pull the plug on a song they didn't like....which happened more than a couple of times to me.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

That college or higher learning will most likely make you into a greedy, sinful follower of Satan the Devil.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

That outside competition is evil (but inside-the-kh competition is ok)

Skeeter

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Oh, and blood fractions, current therapy, and blood stem cell transplants are part of "bloodless" medicine, and ok if a True Christian decides it so.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Oh, and Organ Transplants will also transplant the donor's personality and propensity for sin to the recipient.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

That one shouldn't go to war, because Jesus taught peace & love.

But it's "overlooked" if one should beat his spouse/kids occassionally.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Married people shouldn't hold hands during prayers
    That Smurfs are the Devil
    Jesus returned invisibly in 1914
    Birthdays are from the Devil

All the good ones are mentioned already.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

That people should die over a Levitical dietary restriction ( no blood).

The weirdest and the most criminal belief.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit