Social Networks giving strength to JW protest in Canada!

by koolaid-man 76 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

So O.K you were still blinded !!Pity!!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Different people react to different things. I did read the signs outside Southampton, I didn't think they affected me, but when I started exiting and reading posts on the internet, I remembered some of the stuff written on the signs.

Rick shouldn't be knocked for these protests, they are not the same as the sensationalism and the Johnny thing.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    But I see where some think him "mental"puffed up"

Re-read the first thread, and my first response to it.

It is not protesting that makes Rick appear "mentally puffed up" (though his photo really doesn't help) - it's when he takes us all for idiots and says things like "The protest... is gaining lots of attention on the internet." About 15 seconds with google's real-time and social search tools make it plain as day that next to nobody is giving Rick's protests attention.

Letting Rick's lies slide "because he's an ex-JW" while calling out the WT is hypocritical.

It is truth that sets JW's free. For someone to have a positive impact on JW's, they should strive to always be honest, and to present the best factual information they can. People like Rick can do more harm than good, as he exposes the WT in one sentence, then says something patently false in the next. Once caught in a lie, a JW is likely to assume Rick's other claims are just twisted facts and lies as well.

- Lime

• sizemik
    sizemik
    Rick shouldn't be knocked for these protests, they are not the same as the sensationalism and the Johnny thing.

If they are indeed effective . . . then no he shouldn't. Problem here on JWN is that Rick continually sensationalises EVERYTHING . . . including his protests. He has also insulted and attacked the posters here, made claims that have proved dubious at best, and stirred resentment with his homophobic beliefs. He has been the architect of his own credibility problem. He may very well be a well-meaning individual. But that is not how he comes across here.

It's hard to blow a screeching horn and then tell everyone that your just a piano player.

That is the reason behind the opinions expressed here . . . and they're just opinions. Seeing ourselves as others see us cuts both ways. While labelling others as "judgemental" . . . those who would support Rick have made the following statements directed at nobody specifically . . .

Better than a lot of you,sitting behind your computer stoning him
    probably were those in the Kingdom Hall that nitpicked and bad-mouthed everyone there.

Who's being judgemental now?

Nothing personal folks . . . just asking for some impartiality here.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Who's being judgemental now?>>>>>MOUTHY!!!!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Sizemik - I can't keep up with all these Avatar Changes

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    At least he is getting his BODY out there so the WT can stone him. Better than a lot of you,sitting behind your computer stoning him

I would venture a guess that far more JW's have escaped the WT through the efforts of people "sitting behind computers" - people creating well-written,well-researched articles with references than the sum of all anti-watchtower protests have.

I wouldn't over-estimate the power of protest against JW's, nor underestimate the power of factual information presented where JW's can read it in the privacy of their own homes.

- Lime

• sizemik
    sizemik

My apologies cantleave . . . but I'm only guilty of one. My last avatar was often mistaken for a pile of bones . . . so this one is the same person but from a different angle.

I promise not to do it again.

Hey Mouthy . . . I'm not finger pointing really. Rick does have some work to do owing to his history here . . . I would like nothing more than to see a more amiable relationship between Rick and JWN . . . but the ball is largely in his court

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    I would like nothing more than to see a more amiable relationship between Rick and JWN . . . but the ball is largely in his court

I agree. Rick made a mess of things, and it's up to own up and appologize - rather than blaming everyone here for his mistake.

- Lime

• recovering
    recovering

As others have said most have no issue with Rick's protesting. It is the manner in which he advertises these events that trouble some here. Perhaps if he just anounced that there was going to be a protest rather than making it seem like it would be a grandiose event he would gain more exceptence. I applaud anyone who would picket the assemblies. Even if those inside do not allow themselves to b informed, perhaps those that pass bye on the street may benifit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit