Social Networks giving strength to JW protest in Canada!

by koolaid-man 76 Replies latest jw friends

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Your crazy posts aside, please check this out:

Necktie Length

As a general rule for all tie knots, the widest part of your tie should hang roughly at the same height as the upper edge of your leather belt, with the tie's tip extending slightly below it. The tip of the narrow end would then hang wherever it may.

If you run into problems trying to get the length right with either the Windsor Knot or the Half Windsor Knot, try to let the wide end hang down as far as possible in step 1 of the instructions for these knots, so that when you cross the wide end over the narrow end, you can barely hold on to the narrow end. That will give you more length once you have eventually tied the knot.

If you can't afford a properly fitting suit, can you at least get a promo shot that has your tie done properly?

You're obviously proud of the picture, but you shouldn't be. Show your promo shots to your wife and let her pick one out.

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

Hello Paralipomenon , the last time I was counseled for my attire was by an elder. I will try to dress better for my next protest, hope I did not stumble anyone. Sorry my suit and tie is unbecoming of a protester.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I don't get it, Rick. Perhaps some of these people who take issue with you may still have deep-seated fears about leaving the WT's grip.

I know I have read on this forum before that some left the JWs because of seeing protesters outside the conventions. It certainly does bring publicity to the fact that they have opposers and that there are issues within the "happyfying" organization!

Perhaps some are new posters who are just anti-everything.

Perhaps some are posters that were insufferable ones that we had to deal with in the Kingdom Halls.

Perhaps some just don't like neckties......or spent too much time looking down on those who didn't buy the most stylish suits or dresses to wear to the meetings.

I just don't get it. But I'm sure you have better things to do than let them get to you.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I only read page one but here are my thoughts on protests.

I think they can help make a point but if and only if they are BIG enough to get mainstream media attention. Getting lots of people to show up is only half the challenge. The other equally important half is to get local media there. Local TV news will put stuff like this on their broadcasts if it looks like it's organized and the numbers are significant and especially if the local protest-leader puts together a coherent and relevant message without coming across as an embittered apostate loon.

If you don't have the numbers or the media coming then it just might be better to cancel the event.

As for Social Media, it can help. It is really the wave of the future as far as marketing goes. But to be really effective it takes someone with a huge Twitter and/or Facebook fanbase. Right now the most famous ex-JW is probably who? Sherri Shepherd? But she's dumb as a box of rocks if The View is any indication, so I'm not sure she'd be the best "face of the VAA."

I don't think protesting TO active JWs does much, if any, good. The point that it validates their persecution complex is true. But the point isn't to "turn" JWs, I don't think. If some happen to come out based on a protest, then that's a bonus. The point of a protest is media attention and that brings me back to the main point. It has to be big and you have to have a well-spoken spokesperson and you have to have media present.

• Curtains
    Curtains

so how often are these protests carried out?

• sizemik
    sizemik

Talk about Deja vous . . .

Same old shit . . . same old reaction.

The criticisms of your approach are valid Rick . . . and always have been. They're still being levelled . . . you're still not listening.

The WT are busy fighting their opposers in Russia, South America . . . and loving every minute of it. The perception of persecution simply validates the WT and entrenches current believers. They'll get around to you when they've run out of more credible foes . . . for the same reason. Stop aiding and abetting them in their cause with your silly protests for chrissake.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I want to give my 2 cents worth...I picketed Brooklyn Bethel
    with a bus load of other Ex'JWs for many years. I met a couple
    who DID leave bethel after seeing us picket.If I want to picket
    it is none of your ruddy buisness...When I left the" BIG O"(LIE)
    I found out I could do what I want to do,I dont have to ask ANY
    man,& since so many of you men on board seem to think,you can
    judge me,( for picketing) Rick for expressing HIS opinion,To me
    you seem to want YOUR way!!!I have met Rick,& Inez,If you dont
    agree with him that is your right.But I see where some think him
    "mental"puffed up" " Oh the Gift that God had give us to see ourselves
    as others see us"
    At least he is getting his BODY out there so the WT can stone him
    Better than a lot of you,sitting behind your computer stoning him
    Yes I am Mouthy....

• snowbird
    snowbird

You rock, Mouthy!!!

Syl

• Quandry
    Quandry

You go, Mouthy.....as I said before, some just don't have anything good to say about anyone, and probably were those in the Kingdom Hall that nitpicked and bad-mouthed everyone there.

Maybe if I had seen multiple people pickiting outside conventions I'd have left sooner, and not spent over thirty years-all of my adult life-without an education, working at dead-end jobs, thinking everyone was bird-food.

The news media IS attracted to large scale signs and people speaking against the organization. I know one time not too long ago I saw a news report with people outside the Bethel headquarters in Brooklyn pickiting, and the reporter was speaking to them.

If just some are reached in this way, or begin to have doubts, it's effective.

What would the alternative be if this isn't done...sit and wish the WTS away?

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I remember seeing apostates picketing outside an assembly once.

All I thought was, "there's those stupid apostates". I don't remember what was on their signs. Like a good JW, I turned away and didn't give them any more thought. I still have no idea who they were.

That's how much of an effect protesting apostates had on me as a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit