Any of you folks from the awesome state of Colorado??

by SweetBabyCheezits 82 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

I'm way too prickly to be "besties"... I'm more "beastly" than "besties"...

Another thing... If you move out to Colorado - or any western state, especially ones like Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, and so on - when you run into people on the hiking trails, please don't act like you're best friends - "besties" - and say banal crap like "Hi, how are you? Nice day!" and so on...

Some of us go hiking to GET AWAY FROM PEOPLE, and are mighty irritated when we run into these effusive jollies on the trail.

'Course, this rule doesn't apply if there's a (1) rattlesnake (2) mountain lion (3) rabid skunk - or plain old skunk (4) mother bear with cubs (5) forest fire - on the trail ahead. In that case, common courtesy DOES dictate mentioning it to the hiker/hikers you meet going in that direction...

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Zoiks - You are right to seek out views that feed your confirmation bias

Zoiks, I had a good chuckle at this but it took me a second to realize what you did. My mind is officially blown. You created a vortex of confirmation bias within itself. I CAN BE PERPETUALLY RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING NOW!

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Thank you, Zid. We now know how you truly feel about cyclists in Colorado and I'm a better person for it.

Oh, for... Some people just DON'T listen... Colorado hit its population limit about twenty years ago, and still people keep on coming...!!! Goodbye, beautiful mountain vistas... Hello, Mono-City all along the Front Range... It's going to look like Los Angeles out here, pretty soon... Oh, wait... With the air pollution and our 25 suburbs in search of a city, it already does!!

Soooo will you be leaving CO and donating your property to American Indians whose ancestors were living on the Front Range before yours showed up? After all, to true "natives", it may have been at it's population limit way back then.

BTW, were you born in CO?

• ziddina
    ziddina

Nope, not born here; dragged here by my idiot JW parents when I was 5 years old - whoops! No, that's when they joined the cult... Dragged here when I was 2 or 3, I guess. I was born in Kadoka, South Dakota, on the edge of the Rosebud Sioux reservation, by the way...

And just to let you know, I HATED Colorado when I was a kid. The state was an overwhelming symbol of being stuck in a stinky city [and Denver was teeny-tiny back then, compared to the two million it has now...], a symbol of being stuck in the cult, and a symbol of being pushed into doing something against my will, kind of like when I was pushed into JW baptism.

I finally got out of Colorado when I was a young adult, and ended up in Rock Springs, Wyoming. That was interesting...

Then it was back to Colorado again, all at the behest of my pool-hall-shark, beer-guzzling JW hubby. I've spent some time in Montana, and in southern California - HATED southern California, by the way... Flat and filled with airheads... And ticks and fleas... I've never seen so many abandoned animals in my life, as I did in southern California, too. Made rescuing them my "hobby", while I was stuck out there

I'd like to move to Canada, myself. Someplace way, way away from most of the people... I've heard about Yellow Knife and White Horse territories, but I don't know if I'm wilderness-savvy enough for those areas...

So, did that answer your questions???

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Yes, ma'am. Thank you. I hope someday you find the solitude you need.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hey, Cheezits...

I've been thinking about this thread and your idea of moving out to Colorado...

First of all, let me say that I absolutely detested John Denver while he was alive. His yowling blabbermouth helped ruin West Virginia, and then he came out here and 'discovered' Colorado.

Most native Coloradoans detested him, too - unless they benefited from a rapidly-increasing population level...

So, every time I hear someone say, "Let's move out to Colorado!", I see crimson scarlet bloody red...

But I've been thinking about your idea of living in a "small" Front Range town... Your interest in taking up rock-climbing... Your affinity for Boulder...

And I'd suggest that you check out Longmont. It's like Boulder on the cheap..

Good luck...

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Thanks for the suggestion, Zid. We'll try not to invade anyone's space bubble.

• unshackled
    unshackled

Hey Cheez...thought I'd let you know I'm not from Colorado and know dick all about it. Hope that helps.

• zarco
    zarco

SBC - Colorado is an excellent place to live. The weather is much better than folks realize. Lots of sunny days. The mountain towns are fun, the front range towns are maybe more appropriate for a family. My favorite city is Durango in the southwest corner of CO. Ft Lewis College is there, a great "foodie" town and the "normal" beautiful outdoors.

PM me as I have a contact or two that may give you the lay of the land with regard to a photography business.

Best,

Zarco

• jeckle
    jeckle

I love the area I've worked there i repair restaurant refrigeration and cooking equipment and I'm really good at it so I had to go and shape up our colorado crew have been flirted to move there permenetallybut waiting for the right conditions. People just love eating out even in a bad economy but bthey love to eat out there

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit