Any of you folks from the awesome state of Colorado??

by SweetBabyCheezits 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I'm not leaving California deary! I'm just giving another thumbs up to Boulder.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

C'mon, Zid, just one more family and then we dig the moat around the border?

What's yer twenty, by the way? (location?)

• ziddina
    ziddina

HELL no!!

As Carl Akins said back in the '70's, Denver used to be a nice little city - then came the Californians....

At least the traffic moved better on the interstates for a while..... Until it snowed.... Seems that those blasted Californians had never SEEN snow, and didn't know how to drive on the stuff!!!

And THEN we ended up on the top 10 cities with the MOST POLLUTED AIR - because of all the people!!!

I'd be a lot happier if everyone else would just go home... Then I could have all the hiking trails to myself, and not run into greenhorn suburbanite Boy Scout troop leaders on the trail...

• ziddina
    ziddina

All right...

WHO suggested Boulder???

(Maybe I should just keep my mouth shut and let you all find out about Boulder for yourselves... )

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oh, and Cheezits?

About those bicyclists...

I hear FC streets are super bike-friendly,

Supposedly the whole state is "bicyclist-friendly", but what that translates into - brrrrrrrrr!!!!

My idiot husband has done "Ride the Rockies" for a couple of years. But first - a little background about myself...

I grew up here. Rode my bicycle everywhere when I was a kid and young adult. [That's into my 30's...]

Then we moved to southern California - YUUUUUUK!!! I HATED the area!!! NO snow - FLEAS everywhere - and a LOT of sad, abandoned animals as a result of the ever-present flea problem, too...

But!

I learned something in southern California that a LOT - a H*LLUVA LOT - of Colorado bicyclists don't have a frikkin' clue about... I learned HOW TO RIDE IN TRAFFIC.

If you move to Boulder, that is the FIRST thing that you will notice. The bicyclists there are HIGH-MILEAGE MORONS!!!

You should see how the Boulder bicyclist morons behave during "Ride the Rockies".

And in Boulder, they think they own the road.

Just a little advance notice for you...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oh, and another thing about Boulder...

The real estate prices...

It'll cost you around $300,000 to get into a SMALL tract house on the eastern edges of Boulder.

And the area is CON-GES-TED! Traffic, traffic, EVERYWHERE - and a lot of young [read: poor, inexperienced, inattentive] drivers on the road in Boulder, too.

Hubby used to live there, while he was attending college. He frequently commuted by bicycle to classes. He was hit by cars twice, while living in Boulder. The streets are quite tight, and heavy with parked cars which reduce the area of the street, too.

And then there's the massive influx of tourists... Families of students... Students... And the Colorado Buffaloes games... The hikers...

Did I mention that they've had a few student riots in Boulder within the last 15 - 20 years, too???

Oh, and then there's the stereos, blasting out from the frat houses... The keggers... The student houses - though, if you can't afford around $500,000 and up for a house, you may not end up too close to a single-family home serving as student housing...

[Zid looks around...]

Day - Yamm! I think I killed the thread!!

Anyhoo... About the frat houses and real estate prices... The area in Boulder called "The Hill" - which is pretty much the area around Chataqua Park, and closest to the foothills - is pretty pricey... Homes go for $1 million in that area, sometimes - maybe more. I haven't checked real estate prices in the Boulder area since I convinced hubby to NOT move back to Boulder when he retires...

Then there's the "Maple Drive" [I think that's what it's called; the street is gorgeous with maple trees in the fall] which is another lovely area - and located farther away from the college, so there aren't any frat houses in the area - that I know of. But there is a hospital and medical clinics smack dab in the middle of that area.

That area also has some exquisite Victorian homes - and again, I think you'll be looking at anywhere from $700,000 to a million for some of those homes...

The houses get cheaper, the farther east you go... On second thought, you might want to check out Broomfield instead...

• mythreesons
    mythreesons

SBC - Ours is a 1-2 year plan as well. Hell, by the the time we get to that point we might actually relish making every JW squirm and run away. That would be GLORIOUS! (Will Ferrell's voice...when he is talking about 'blue')

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

And then there's the Texans...

Jesus H. Christ! What's the deal with Coloradans hatin' on Texans?

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    If you move to Boulder, that is the FIRST thing that you will notice.

So, Zid, why are you trying to get us to move to Boulder? And why do you keep buying me drinks?

The bicyclists there are HIGH-MILEAGE MORONS!!

Yes, well I do prefer high mileage morons over the low mileage variety, so that's a plus.

It'll cost you around $300,000 to get into a SMALL tract house on the eastern edges of Boulder.

Ah, ok. We call that "Section 8 housing" where I come from.

The area in Boulder called "The Hill" - which is pretty much the area around Chataqua Park, and closest to the foothills - is pretty pricey... Homes go for $1 million in that area, sometimes - maybe more.

You've gotta be FREAKIN' KIDDING ME! Is there a limit to how many properties I can buy at that price???? Or is that like a Black Friday special?

The houses get cheaper, the farther east you go... On second thought, you might want to check out Broomfield instead...

Oh no, no, no... we find Broomfield to be positively dreadful. Those people shop at Target of all places - gah! I wouldn't be caught dead in one of those unfashionable stinkholes.

• sabastious
    sabastious

SBC your posts are suspiciously of only a single thread of late.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit